Transmission downloads stall after v6 upgrade

I recently upgraded to v6.  I have been using transmission for a long time with no issues.

After upgrading to v6, downloads will stop at regular intervals and say "Error: Unable to save resume file: No space left on device".  I have to manually click the torrent and click Start to resume it.  It will download for a few minutes before stopping again.

Could a config setting have gotten messed up during the upgrade?

3 minutes ago, jbiggs77 said:

I recently upgraded to v6.  I have been using transmission for a long time with no issues.

After upgrading to v6, downloads will stop at regular intervals

This implies that you were running v5.  Were you running the PhAzE plugins?  Have you now switched over to a docker container?

4 minutes ago, jbiggs77 said:

"Error: Unable to save resume file: No space left on device".

Simplest answer is that you're out of space on whatever share you've dedicated to the downloads.  Diagnostics might help.

Yes, using the Phaze plugin then and now.  I have not switched to a docker container.  Is this something that needs to happen in v6?

All of the shares have at least 250 GB of space left.  When I restart the torrent manually, it continues downloading just fine.  There is some sort of cron or refresh that is happening at regular intervals that stops the downloads.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I deleted the Phaze plugin.  I have installed the linuxserver's transmission app in docker.

I'm getting a similar, but different, error than before:

"Error: No data found!  Ensure your drives are connected or use "Set Location".  To re-download, remove the torrent and re-add it."

Could this be a config or permissions issue?  I am using the same download directory as before.

Here's the run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='transmission' --net='host' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TCP_PORT_9091'='9091' -e 'TCP_PORT_51413'='51413' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/watch':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/transmission':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/transmission' 
6d12e9b10643ded70eaa538a8a33a0fb6023d2cd05656e50ad2b95d031e30c52

The command finished successfully!