Your server has run out of memory

2 minutes ago, acozad1 said:

So how would suggest that I do that? Just create a path for that to be put on my array or cache?

Delete that plex and start over with a new plex docker. Personally, I use linuxserver.io but the principles are the same.

A new install of plex should have a template that already has the appdata mapping in it. You just need to add another volume mapping for your media.

No. You have taken the /config mapping and changed it to point to /movie. This is pretty much the mistake you have been making all along.

Start over. Delete and recreate docker image. Go with a fresh install of that docker. DON'T change the mapping already in the template in any way. You need to ADD one or more PATHS for your media and leave that /config mapping just as it is in the template so Plex will have someplace for its library.

Don't worry about transcoding. The default transcoding will work fine.

Do you have any idea what these volume mappings are about?

15 minutes ago, acozad1 said:

add a path

Yes. Add a path. Don't change the path that is already there for /config, the plex appdata. It needs that path to store its library. When you hijack it like you did, then it will store its library anyway, but since it isn't mapped, it winds up inside the docker image, filling it up.

Awesome. Thank you. So my tv shows are here: /mnt/user/Media/TV Shows/

So my question is when i add the path do i need to put anything in the container path. I have put the above in the path and opened plex but nothing showed up.

Not sure why this is happening?

Edited by acozad1

Are you starting from scratch? Or are you trying to reuse the settings you already messed up? Go to the Apps page. DO NOT use the Previous Apps feature, that will just give you the template you already messed up. Search for the plex docker you want to use and make a completely new one.

OK. You now have the required /config mapping. But you don't have any mapping for your media, so you won't be able to find any of it from Plex.

22 minutes ago, BRiT said:

You should have 2 paths. One for /config and one for /media.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

You need to ADD one or more PATHS for your media

You can actually go with that one and ADD other paths.

Since it has the /config mapping, the plex library actually is in mapped storage now instead of inside the docker image. So, assuming you don't mess that part up again, you don't need to delete and recreate your docker image.

You just need to edit that docker and add one or more paths for your media.

Perhaps the thing that has you messing things up is you don't know how to add another mapping, so you just keep opening that one mapping and changing it.

Edit that container by clicking on its icon and selecting Edit, then post a screenshot of the Update Container page you get.

I see from this:

55 minutes ago, acozad1 said:

my tv shows are here: /mnt/user/Media/TV Shows/

that /mnt/user/Media is probably correct.

To give you a more specific answer to this:

7 minutes ago, acozad1 said:

what should i put in the container path?

if you put /media, then when you are in Plex, you will find your files in /media.