How do I format drives? (new)

Hi, as the title states, I am pretty new to Unraid, just installed the trial so that I could test it on a very old machine that I have before I buy new hardware.
So the drives that I currently have are 
image.thumb.png.bcfb758716826513761bc092dd82a88c.png

I was testing these drives before on another nas OS and thats why the 160GB drive has 22.7GB of used data, even though on this current array it has 0 files.
I've been trying to format them both by changing the drive type from xfs to anything else, then format it and start array again only to have the "data" go into another drive. 
excuse my ignorance but I am pretty new to Linux and Unraid. is there an easy way to quickly wipe the drive without having to use plugins like Preclear?

and Yes I don't have them setup as parity just because I am testing.

I don't quite understand what you think you are seeing, but there isn't any way any "data" is going to another drive when you format a disk.

And you say the disks don't have any files on them, so I don't know what you mean by "data".

Are you just referring to the overhead consumed by the xfs filesystem? That might be what is happening with disk2 since it doesn't have very much space used, but must be something else on disk1.

If you click on the folder icon under the View column it should take you to a page showing what folders and files are at the top level of the disk.

6 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

That data is likely the docker/libvirt images

That makes sense. Hadn't considered that they might have already enabled all that even though they don't really have an array yet.

It is a lot less trouble if you don't even enable dockers and VMS until after you install cache, unless you already know how to work through getting things moved on your own.