Download/Upload Speed extrem niedrig

Hi,

ich wollte fragen ob mir jemand mit meinem Problem helfen könnte....

Meine Konfiguration:

1x Xeon x5650

Supermicro Mainboard X6ST3-F

2x 3 TB Iron Wolf

1x 4 TB Iron Wolf (Parity)

1x Kingston 120 GB (Cache Disk)

Wenn ich nun etwas uploade oder downloade habe ich eine Geschwindigkeit von 10 kb\s bis 5 Mb\s. Was extrem langsam ist ! Cache disk habe ich aktiviert.

Der Server hängt an einem 100Mb\s Anschluss. Mein Dateisystem ist xfs. Bei der Cache Disk btrfs. Kann ich daran irgendwas "tunen in den Einstellungen. Habe leider keine Ahnung von den Settings. Aßerdem funktioniert die Cache Disk gefühlt nur manchmal..

Danke im voraus;)

Hi, I wanted to ask if someone could help me with my problem .... My configuration: 1x Xeon x5650 Supermicro motherboard X6ST3-F 2x 3 TB Iron Wolf 1x 4 TB Iron Wolf (Parity) 1x Kingston 120 GB (Cache Disk) When I upload or download something I have a speed of 10 kb \ s to 5 Mb \ s. Which is extremely slow! Cache disk I have activated. The server hangs on a 100Mb connection. My file system is xfs. At the cache disk btrfs. Can I tune something in the settings? Unfortunately, I have no idea about the settings, but the cache disk only works sometimes. Thank you in advance

grafik.thumb.png.f424a659ba8e77ed45cc47e4aed8d500.pnggrafik.thumb.png.b2fd71c2b07394bf7f5acd76030a7d8f.png 

grafik.png

tower-diagnostics-20190531-0915.zip

Edited by Pixxelcrasher

Looks like you took those diagnostics with the array stopped, so there is a lot they do not tell us.

Those parity check settings are excessive. Most people only do a monthly parity check.  Unraid parity is maintained real-time so there is no need to "check" it frequently. It is only a check and not needed to keep parity in sync. And you should set it to not write corrections on the automatic parity checks. Only write corrections after you get parity errors and determine there isn't some other cause for the parity errors.

Those mover settings are also excessive. Your appdata, domains, and system shares should be set to cache-prefer, not cache-yes as you have them. You have a couple of other shares that are set to cache-prefer. This is almost certainly the wrong setting for those shares and they should be cache-yes instead, or cache-no in your case since your cache is so small. You probably do not understand the use cache setting. See here:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/#comment-537383

Probably you are filling cache and/or running mover all the time and/or running parity checks all the time and these are the cause of your problems.

Start the array and get new diagnostics.

• Upvote 1

OK. Now I can see which disks your shares are on, and they will require some work to get them where they should be.

Go to Settings - Docker and disable the docker service. Also, go to Settings - VM Manager and disable VMs.

Set appdata, domains, and system shares to cache-no temporarily. This is so we can get your other shares moved off cache and make room for them.

Set all your other shares to cache-yes and run mover. Wait for it to complete then post a new diagnostic.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Pixxelcrasher said:

So now I have set the moving/parity scheduler to weekly and monthly. 

Most people leave the mover schedule set to run at the default of daily in the early hours of the morning when the system is likely to be idle.      Weekly does not feel frequently enough.   As you have a small cache disk if you want more control over when mover runs you could install the Mover Tuning plugin.

Monthly (or longer) for the parity check is a frequently chosen setting by many.

Your appdata, domains, system shares are all on cache where they belong now. Set these shares to cache-only.

Your isos share has files on cache. Set it to cache-yes, run mover, then set it to cache-no.

Set all other shares to cache-no.

Enable docker and VM services.

With these settings it shouldn't ever have anything to move. I don't recommend using your small cache for caching user share writes and just keep it for dockers and VMs to use with the appdata, domains, system shares.

After you get an idea how much space things are going to use on cache, and an idea how much downloading you are going to do, you can reconsider this. Trying to cache a lot with frequent moving is really self-defeating since mover and other writes are just going to compete for the disks, so you are better off just writing directly to the array.

Try default network settings by deleting config/network.cfg on flash then see how things are working.