Unraid OS version 6.7.2 available

So I moved the key back to the top of the booting order, and low and behold after booting unraid has seen one of the other keys, and used that as flash. I went through the email process to renew the key, got an email but the key did not update, got an error.
Removed the old key, and it's still not booting from the new key.

Server is now unusable :(

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Edited by gnollo
12 minutes ago, gnollo said:

Put the old key back at the top of the boot list, left the new key in as well, server started, and I updated the key licence for the new key. Server is now up and running, with two keys in. It's a hack, but I got my server back up and running.

This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Is there still a filesystem on the original that Unraid might mount? 

Motherboard Information

Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Product Name: G33-DS3R

BIOS Information

Vendor: Award Software International, Inc.

Version: F7L

Release Date: 07/31/2009

Address: 0xE0000

Runtime Size: 128 kB

ROM Size: 1024 kB

Characteristics:

PCI is supported

PNP is supported

APM is supported

BIOS is upgradeable

BIOS shadowing is allowed

Boot from CD is supported

Selectable boot is supported

EDD is supported

ACPI is supported

USB legacy is supported

LS-120 boot is supported

ATAPI Zip drive boot is supported

BIOS boot specification is supported

Targeted content distribution is supported

20 hours ago, gnollo said:

Also, parity check is now under way

Did you initiate this parity check, or was it unexpected? If unexpected, possibly another artifact of trying to use both flash drives, since Unraid records whether or not you shut down cleanly on flash. If it can't record it properly, or read it properly, you get an unclean shutdown parity check.

6 hours ago, gnollo said:

I didnt initialise the check last time either, but I am guessing that it has to do with an unclean shutdown.

But was it an actual unclean shutdown, or did it just think so because of this?

10 hours ago, trurl said:

Unraid records whether or not you shut down cleanly on flash. If it can't record it properly, or read it properly, you get an unclean shutdown parity check.

Did you in fact power off or reboot manually instead of doing it through the webUI?

Those diagnostics and your screenshot seem to indicate it is mounting the correct flash partition /sdb1 at /boot, and that is where it is getting the license key. But it is still unclear (to me at least) which flash it is actually booting from. I assume it is booting from the old flash. Those diagnostics don't show /sda1 mounted unlike your screenshot. Presumably you mounted it manually in UD earlier.

21 minutes ago, trurl said:

Those diagnostics and your screenshot seem to indicate it is mounting the correct flash partition /sdb1 at /boot, and that is where it is getting the license key. But it is still unclear (to me at least) which flash it is actually booting from. I assume it is booting from the old flash. Those diagnostics don't show /sda1 mounted unlike your screenshot. Presumably you mounted it manually in UD earlier.

I would agree with you that is booting with the old flash. When I upgraded the new key, it stopped booting half way with a number of error messages. I really want to fix this setup so I only have a key, or I would even be happy with booting from one of the disks?
I am having some weird issues with the bios as well, when I change anything and save the bios, it restarts but I don't get so see the bootup screen, stays blank for ages. The only way to get to the bootup screen is to turn off at the mains, then choose last succesful boot (F12) and it then it boots succesfully

Alternatively, does anyone have any ideas on how I get to fit the new version of unraid on my old 514 MB key? I tried copying the files across but it says I don't have enough space. The other problem I have is that I moved my subscription from the old key to the new one. Which doesn't boot. :(

Edited by gnollo
3 minutes ago, gnollo said:

Alternatively, does anyone have any ideas on how I get to fit the new version of unraid on my old 514 MB key? I tried copying the files across but it says I don't have enough space.

Do you have a 'previous' folder in the flash?   If so deleting that will probably give you enough room.   A 'logs' folder can also be deleted.

1 minute ago, limetech said:

We cannot unblacklist keys.

😱 What do you suggest I do next?

Can you recommend any USB key that I can use with this motherboard?

I will test that it can boot on its own this time, before I try to switch the permissioning.
I could also try to update the OS on both keys, and see if they boot in unison, like they are doing on 6.6.6

Are you sure you prepared the new flash correctly? It seems to mount as /boot OK after bootup but something isn't working to boot it. And it seems very strange that only a specific flash drive that you already have can be configured in the BIOS to be the boot device, but another one can't.

Are you sure the new flash only has a single partition?

Try this advanced manual creation:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/86066-boot-fails-post-68-upgrade-wkernel-panic-new-usb-stick-not-booting/?do=findComment&comment=797764

• jonp unpinned this topic