Docker Services Freeze Up Issues

proud_noob

Hi everyone

I'm new to the whole home server and Unraid game, but I've been eager to hop in for a while. Finally bit the bullet and have built my first server.

I have noticed an issue, but no idea what would be causing it. I leave my server running 24/7 and it seems after leaving it overnight the Unraid 'Docker' services tab stops responding. I cannot get into any docker services by browsing to their specific IP and port either. The Dashboard also shows 100% CPU usage across all cores, but a 'stats' plugin shows my CPU chugging along at about ~3% utilisation. 

At first I suspected the issue might be related to a 'Sleep' plugin I installed, but I disabled the sleep function and the issue occurred again anyway.

Rebooting solves the issue - clearly not a solution though.

Do you have any suggestions about how I can fix this? Should I post a log?

22 hours ago, trurl said:

you should always

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your next post.

Thanks for the reply. I waited until the issue occurred again to run the diagnostics. I noticed my parity drive has also been spitting our some 'unreadable' errors but when I run a SMART health check on the drive it seems to be fine.

Here the diagnostics zip :).

batmobile-diagnostics-20190702-1049.zip

CPU Usage.PNG

CPU Load in Stats Tab.PNG

30 minutes ago, proud_noob said:

run a SMART health check on the drive it seems to be fine.

It doesn't look healthy:

197 Current_Pending_Sector  -O--C-   100   100   000    -    64
198 Offline_Uncorrectable   ----C-   100   100   000    -    64

But wait for the running extended test to finish to confirm.

The SMART test results indicate the drive is healthy, though I continue to get notifications of warning about those errors.

I have not, however, had further system freezes at this point. Is it possible that the mover would cause a system freeze? I recall seeing the mover running (due to cache drive filling up?).

Capture.PNG

37 minutes ago, proud_noob said:

though I continue to get notifications of warning about those errors.

If the SMART test completed successfully those pending sectors are false positives, you can acknowledge them on the dashboard.

38 minutes ago, proud_noob said:

Is it possible that the mover would cause a system freeze?

Possible yes, but it shouldn't if all is working well.

If the SMART test completed successfully those pending sectors are false positives, you can acknowledge them on the dashboard.

Hmm, okay thanks. Weird that it keeps sending notifications though - and the number of errors has increased to 72. I'll keep an eye on it.

Possible yes, but it shouldn't if all is working well.

Awesome. I'll keep track of this for a while. Thanks for the help :).

Archived