Drive error while building parity drive

1 minute ago, publicENEMY said:

This time, i run the check filesystem with -nv 

No point in running xfs_repair on the emulated disk, there will be a lot of data corruption because parity isn't valid.

Run an extended SMART test on disk12 and post new SMART report when done, it will take a few hours.

Disk12 doesn't look very good, lots of read raw errors and a pending sector, but let's wait for the SMART test to confirm.

You can't currently replace disk12 since parity is invalid, you might be able to re-sync parity (completely or mostly) depending on if disk12 is really failing or not, and if yes how bad it is, part of the problem might also be the SASLP controller that completely crashed (likely when the read error was detected) and dropped the disk offline (these controllerers are not recommended for some time now), using a different controller should allow you to sync most of parity even if the disk is starting to fail, another option would be to clone the disk with ddrescue and then re-sync parity, either way you should be able to recover most data.

Disk is really failing, you now have a few options to try and recover as much data as possible, in order of what I consider best to worst:

1)-use ddrescue to clone the disk to a new one then rebuild parity

2)-copy all the data you can from that disk to another then rebuild parity

3)-connect that disk to a different controller, sync parity, it should finish with some read errors, after parity is synced replace disk, IMHO this is the worst option because there's no way to know which files are corrupt unless you have checksums.

37 minutes ago, publicENEMY said:

How can i do option number 2?

-Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply

-assign a new disk12, start the array, use for example UD to mount old disk and copy to new disk (array) before or after syncing parity

40 minutes ago, publicENEMY said:

If i want to change controller, what controller would you recommend?

Any LSI with a SAS2008/2308/3008 chipset in IT mode, e.g., 9201-8i, 9211-8i, 9207-8i, 9300-8i, 9400-8i, etc and clones, like the Dell H200/H310 and IBM M1015, these latter ones need to be crossflashed.