Lian Li with a PCIe Sata II adapter model IB-01

abs0lut.zer0

Sorry to have done that

i mean unRaid works fine with all my hardware ...

Motherboard... Intel DG41 WV

CPU... Intel C2Duo E7500 @ 3 GHZ

Ram... Samsung 2GB DDR3

SATA on board... JMICRON JMB36X 4 ports

NIC... Realtek RTL 8168/8111 Gig NIC

all of that works fine with unRaid

it does not recognize the Lian LI card and i have a 5 drive caddy so i wanted to use 1 parity drive and 5 data disks but having problems getting the card to work..

i know i should have looked for working cards in the forum but this was bought with WHS in mind and then i stumbled on unRaid and was sold WHS uses to much disk space.

so does any one know of any way to get this card working i cannot really afford another.

thanks for any help..

What version of unraid?

Check out:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=4569.0

Mentions the port multiplier should be supported but may need a newer kernel.

Cheers Josh

Sorry for that using version 5 beta 2 of unRaid

I am not sure what your telling me about the port multipliers, i am not aware of this card being one.

Do you mean an extra purchase for me?

thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_multiplier

You lian li card has a port multiplier, It has the controllers for 2 sata ports. I think from memory what that thread was saying was that one controller ran the eSATA port and the other ran all the other internal ones.

You may get a limit with those internal ones as the bandwith and controller is shared by all those ports. Just something to keep in mind.

It also means that the kernel has to support the controllers and the port multiplier. With the version you have I would assume the drivers are there.

Not sure what you can do to get the card going. I don't know much about the 5.0b2 and whether it has all the support for drivers in it.

Josh

No Problems, glad I could help.

Not sure what the plans are for v5 but as a general rule unless there is a fix that you need I don't tend to go with beta unless you know a lot more than I do.

If everything works well in v4.5.6 purchase that if you need more drives otherwise v5 has a few new features but it all takes time.

Josh

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...