[SOLVED] - [Fix/Help] - Docker App

Hello,

This is probably a basic problem or issue I am having with one of my docker apps, and I am looking on the best way to clean it up. This has been reported from the 'Fix Common Problems' app. Though the app works, I was looking on a method to get rid of the error

Docker application plexpy has moderator comments listedplexpy (linuxserver/plexpy:latest) has the following comments:

Deprecated in favour of Tautulli. (Project renamed) This application has been deprecated from Community Applications for that reason. While still functional, it is no longer recommended to utilize it.

Originally installed 'plexpy' which automatically updated to 'Tautulli'. I am presently running Tautulli with no issue but there must be some residue of plexpy somewhere on my flash drive i am assuming?

Any suggestions are welcome. 

Thank you!

Edited by bombz
31 minutes ago, bombz said:

Docker application plexpy has moderator comments listedplexpy (linuxserver/plexpy:latest) has the following comments:

That's the issue.  Regardless if your app has been automatically renamed at some point to be tautulli, linuxserver/plexpy (the repository your app is being pulled from) is no longer maintained, and is deprecated (actually, LSIO even deleted that template because of this)

You really should install tautulli (linuxserver/tautulli) instead which is being maintained.

2 hours ago, bombz said:

Originally installed 'plexpy' which automatically updated to 'Tautulli'.

^^^ That's why.  Regardless of the fact that the app itself changed its name to tautulli, the container itself is deprecated and no longer maintained.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

You really should install tautulli (linuxserver/tautulli) instead which is being maintained.

You can probably just point the /config entry to your existing appdata and the error will disappear and everything should be good to go.

Hm
I have:
/mnt/cache/appdata/plexpy  (which has data in it) 1.9GB
&
/mnt/cache/appdata/tautulli   (which is empty)

Could I simply rename plexpy to Tautulli and it will resolve, is it just due to the mount path?
That or just move the data from within plexpy to tautulli, and point it at the new path?

Edited by bombz
  • 8 months later...

Thank you for the help.
I noted all my plex.py settings + made backups of the database and configs.
installed tautulli
disabled plxy.py (but kept it until i am sure things are operating as they should)
restored db backup and tested.

I think I am good.
Thank you