Unraid Server crashes within two hours after parity check.

Hi everyone,

I've had a very weird problem with my Unraid server for quite some time now. The server randomly crashes within about two hours after it's started, unless there is a parity check running. Then it crashes within two hours after the parity check completes. I've been wondering if someone has experienced similar issues in the past and how they fixed it. I would love to add a crash report but I was not able to find those, so if someone could tell me how to find them I would be happy to attach those later.

What I've tried so far:
- Updating OS

- Updating BIOS

- Replacing RAM

- Disabling various plugins / dockers

I am really starting to run out of ideas so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The syslog in your diagnostics is just after reboot.

Go to Settings - Syslog Server and configure it so you can retain syslogs to try to capture more information before crash.

Some other things I noticed, though unlikely to be the cause of crash.

Why do you have 64G allocated for docker image? Have you had problems filling it? 20G should be more than enough and if it isn't you have one or more of your docker apps misconfigured. See below for more on this***

Your system and appdata shares have files on the array. This will impact the performance of your dockers. They should be cache-only or prefer, with no files on the array.

***In addition to misconfigured dockers filling docker image, it is also possible for them to fill memory, which could cause a crash.

A docker application will fill docker image if it writes to a path that isn't mapped to Unraid storage.

A docker application will fill memory if it is mapped to a path that is not actual storage since all other paths are in RAM.