Server suddenly disconnected from network

Hello everyone,

I have been having a reoccurring issue with my server since I built it a couple weeks ago. At seemingly random times my server with just disconnect from the network [every 1 or 2 days]. I have checked the cables and swapped between both of my network ports on my motherboard but the problem persists. I figured out how to set up my syslog a couple days ago and so I think I have some sort of record of what might be happening. This latest disconnect happened while I was watching a movie via plex on the server so I was able to record exactly when it happened and it correlates with the line timestamped at 19:30:35 below. The before the incident was provided to show nothing unusual happened before the phenomenon occurred, and the line after was when I initiated the restart of the server to fix the issue.

Nov 16 15:22:44 Alexandria webGUI: Successful login user root from 192.168.1.100
Nov 16 19:30:35 Alexandria ntpd[1697]: Deleting interface #1 br0, 192.168.1.104#123, interface stats: received=0, sent=0, dropped=0, active_time=172803 secs
Nov 16 19:55:02 Alexandria init: Switching to runlevel: 0

Anyone have any ideas of what this is? I was going to add the syslog file to my post but I cant seem to add a file, and copying the text seemed excessive since there is like 9000 lines as of right now. But if that's what is need please let me know.

Sorry but Is there a guide somewhere showing how I would do that since I cannot remote log in to the server when this happens again? I imagine I would save the diagnostics.zip file using the server directly so I just tried it now to make sure I wont have problems later but I cant seem to figure out where it saves to. I am assuming it would save it to the flash drive but cant find it anywhere. (I am using the built in GUI mode)

Edited by KingDurkis
  • 2 weeks later...