PreClear after adding to array

tech960

So far I'm loving this product. After throwing in 3 WD gold 12tb into a quick array, then filling one (Fill-Up method) I discovered the preclear script. No Parity drive at the moment, but plan to add soon.

Question, am I able to remove a drive from the array and run a clear on it, and add it back, without losing data. I would like to clear out the 2 new drives that are empty, but i don't know if Unraid adds any data to the 2nd and 3rd drive that is required.

I've read that with v6 you can preclear a drive already mounted in the array, but I have yet to figure out how to get the preclear script Icon to show up. Maybe I can only do it manually via cmd line?

3 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Can you point to the source for that? It's completely wrong, and needs to be corrected.

I will look for the link when I get home from work, I might still have the tab open.

Am I able to take a drive out and convert it to a parity drive? At that point, maybe I will be able to pull the 3rd drive out and preclear it, and stick it back in? Thank you for the replies.

Edit: only 1 drive has data, the other 2 are brand new and empty.

Edited by tech960