Is there a way to manually bind the mac address to eth0?

snake_t

I have a 4 port NIC for my vms, but don't know why Unraid decide to use 1 of my NIC's port as default eth0, instead of the motherboard's built-in one.

I know there's a way to change it, but as long as I change any important settings, or add/remove hardware, the eth0 goes back to the default one.

That breaks my unraid's network accessibility, and only way is to connect the monitor, mouse n keyboard to my unraid server and boot into gui mode to change it, that is a pain in the arse.

what if there is a way to set something to the flash's config folder, so it can prevent the problem happening again, that will be great. 

On 12/6/2019 at 12:44 AM, bonienl said:

Use the "Interface Rules" under network settings to assign the interfaces as you want.

yes, I can assign it by under "Interface Rules" section, but some times it reverse back to the default values.

During testing the NICs for my pfSense VM, I did encounter this problem many times, It may or may not happen (I don't have the time to test them all agian) after these changes:

• swap NIC hardware (testing the hardware)
  • change the boot option (messing with nics passthrough)
  • upgrade or down grade unraid (there's performance issue with pfsense, so I upgrade unraid to the next branch, but problem got worse, then I down grade back)

so I'm thinking is there a way to force assign a interface to eth0 as the "Default" default, then I don't need to change the settings in the web GUI, simply because if the eth0 go to the wrong port, I can't access the web GUI anymore.