We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Web UI not available after stopping array

dstigue

So I had a parity drive disappear on my r710. I added it back via my Raid config. But everytime now I tried to stop the array the UI would freeze with stopping services. I thought I was clever I figure I'll make the array not auto start and turn off auto start on all the dockers. Well rebooted and now the Web UI is not accessible at all. I have attached the diagnostics file. I'm not sure what is causing the error as at this point with nothing running I can't get to the UI at all. My internal address to get to the UI is usually 192.168.50.43.. I did notice that the login screen in SSH said a 169 address. But using ifconfig my adapter is pointing to that address. Not sure if related but thought anything could help. Thanks in advance.

tower-diagnostics-20191218-0103.zip

Yeah I'm fully aware that this isn't recommended. And I can buy another controller but I've been running in this mode for about a year. This particular issue is more centered around the UI not responding.. Even when the drive fell out the UI was working. It's only when I don't spin up the array that the UI doesn't work. I guess my question is.. is there a dependency between the array and the base unraid install. I was under the assumption that they were separate. Then again it could be a crash on reading the drives. And boot order is array then UI and with the crash it just doesn't being up the UI. I'm going to try and reset the unraid configs and readd the drives I think. 

• 2 weeks later...

So just to clarify this. When I stopped the array for some reason the ip wasn't being assigned by the router properly. My assumption is it's unraid because if the array is started the proper ip is assigned. I worked around this by setting the server up address in the unraid settings. So this would never occur again. As for the drive issues. I am currently backing up my files and going to be installing an IT mode HBA. Using unassigned devices to connect to USB external to move files off. Will rebuild the array and move everything back.