Blocked by ISP

RossEm

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See this thread for the sort of thing we're talking about:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/86061-unraid-dropping-wan-connections

That user thought they had found their problem before we had a chance to respond. So they were going to keep doing what they were doing. They never came back to find out what we had to say about what was happening and what they were doing wrong, so probably they are still getting hacked.

22 minutes ago, RossEm said:

I mentioned in above messages. 

first: 22, 80/180, 443/1443

now: 80/180, 443/1443

and what do you mean with public ip 

Ok I just wanted to make sure we knew ALL forwarded ports, thank you and sorry for asking you to do it twice.

A public IP is an address that is not within these ranges: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network#Private_IPv4_addresses

Typical private IP addresses look like:

Does unraid usually have an IP like one of these?

Edited by soja
10 minutes ago, soja said:

Ok I just wanted to make sure we knew ALL forwarded ports, thank you and sorry for asking you to do it twice.

A public IP is an address that is not within these ranges: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network#Private_IPv4_addresses

Typical private IP addresses look like:

Does unraid usually have an IP like one of these?

Yes it’s 192.168.2.23

5 minutes ago, RossEm said:

Yes it’s 192.168.2.23

Ok so that should eliminate the possibility of it being a smtp server open to the internet without any authentication. Points toward something on the server sending the mail. When do you think you'd be able to see if you have a smtp server installed, and if you do check out any logs from it?

14 minutes ago, RossEm said:

Only one question is still left for me. Should I reinstall all dockers or a fresh reinstall of UnRaid? 

You should close all those ports, that is the main thing. The docker and Unraid installs are very unlikely to be a problem.

In any case, dockers are easily reinstalled using the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page.

As for Unraid, it installs itself into RAM fresh from the archives on flash each time it boots.

1 hour ago, RossEm said:

I got an email back from the abuse team they said close port 22 and turn the machine back on. Should I open in safe mode because the dockers are on autostart

The Safe Mode boot option only stops plugins from being installed (since they can de-stabilize the system :()  It will not stop dockers from being started.