We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Server Unresponsive after RAM upgrade

boianski

I can not get back to the web ui after a RAM upgrade on my Unraid 6.8 server. 

Everything was fine, I initiated system shutdown ( i did not stop the array, was this it?), switched the ram from a single stick of:

Kingston 8GB Ram Memory DDR4 2133 MHz SDRAM PC4 -17000 Model: KVR21N15S8/8

to

8 sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX 4GB DDR4 3000 (PC4-24000) C16 Desktop Memory for - Black PC Memory CMK8GX4M2C3000C16, total of 32GB

on  a MSI X99A RAIDER Mobo. 

went to power up and it wont show up on the Web UI, and blank screen with monitor plugged it..

was i supposed to stop the array then shut down or? 

Please help!

Just now, trurl said:

If you select Shutdown from the webUI then Unraid stop the array before shutting down.

If by shutdown you just mean holding the power button that is going to result in a parity check on next boot due to unclean shutdown.

Thank you. No I used the WebUI to shutdown. 

So it is fixed.. Not sure if something was not seeded properly, or it was stuck on some loading screen. 

I took out all dims, and put them in again, very carefully, then booted and it said settings have changed go into bios. I did, did not change             anything, i saw the system was registering 32 GB and saved and exited. it reset  and UnRaid is back up and running.                                         

than you all for jumping so quick to help. Happy HolidayS!

Edited by boianski