[SOLVED] Docker Web GUI link doesn't match Docker settings. GUI can't be accessed

Hi Folks,

Sorry about the title, but I messed up some stuff and I can't seem to find anyone else reporting the same issue.

I messed around with adding some dockers and two of my docker Web GUIs stopped repsonding.  They are not accessible via their bridge IP address anymore.

I didn't make any changes to the two that failed.

Example:  Long ago I had remapped Sonarr to use port 1234.  The WebGui link now reverts to 8989 (the default)  But if I type the expected address of :1234 in manually, it still does not work.  I cannot get to the GUI in this configuration now at all in bridge mode.

image.png.dc24458f500b3ebdada31def251b253e.png

I can fire up a console on both failing dockers and they look ok to my untrained eye.

I read the forums and did some experiments.  I can get everything to work if I switch to a fixed IP using br0, but when I reverted back to Bridge, it didn't fix the issue.  Host did not fix the issue and one docker can't run at all in host mode.

I also tried rebuilding the docker engine network using these commands:

# rm /var/lib/docker/network/files/local-kv.db
   # /etc/rc.d/rc.docker restart

This did not fix the issue.

I included a txt capture of running some network status:

#  ifconfig
    #  docker network ls
    #  docker network inspect bridge
    #  iptables -vnL

Network_Config_issue.txt

Any help woould be apprecaited.

Edited by Wolfman1138
Solved

Cool!  I think I may hve found a bug in Unraid.

image.png.11d9d57d258578f807b513f171631808.png

This is really weird.  The container port was grayed out and I could not change it.  I could only edit the host port.

I was able to fix the container port with the following steps:

Edit Docker and change network to Host mode

Set Host port back to the match the container default of 8989. 

Restart docker by hitting apply. (Docker didn't work, but it changed the container port back to 8989.)

Edit Docker again and change Network to bridge

Restart docker

Edit Host port again, and it set it to the desired map port.

Restart docker

I can recreate the mismatched container port by switching back and forth between Host and Bridge while having the Host set to a port that doesn't match the container port.

thanks for the help

17 hours ago, Wolfman1138 said:

This is really weird.  The container port was grayed out and I could not change it.  I could only edit the host port.

That is intended behavior when a bridge network is used.

A bridge network would only change the host port for its external communication.

The container port is not supposed to be changed and should have set correctly when the application was created.