Accessing array from remote PC (in network)

Hi All!

I have been searching YouTube and the forums for instructions on how to access my array from a remote PC inside of my network.  I know this is remedial and sorry I couldn't find anything to help.  I see my UNRAID Server in my network tree, but when I go to access it says the access is denied when I put in my credentials (assuming I am using the correct ones)  I have been using my UNRAID login and password to access.  What am I missing?  Are there some other permissions I need to set up?

Thanks in advance!

For more context.  I am looking to rip DVD/Blu-ray disks to my UNRAID array.  I have 2 options:  

1: Use the DVD-ROM in the UNRAID server and attempt to figure out how to get the DVD ROM to "pass through"

2: Use my Notebook to rip the disks directly to the array. (I have been doing this to my NAS already)

#2 seems like the easiest option, if I can just get in to the file directory.

Do you mean you can't access any share on your server from your PC? If that is what you mean then the rest of the "context" is unnecessary. Accessing shares on your server from PCs on your network is indeed "remedial" and I'm sure by far the most common usage. Unraid is a NAS after all.

What OS is your PC?

Hi @trurl

Thank you for responding.  Thanks for being patient with me here.  The OS I am using on my notebook is Win10.  When I attempt to access my server it asks for login info.  When I supply that info it says my access is denied.  I didn't have these issues when I set up my NAS, so a little lost as to why I am having these issues now.  My UNRAID shares are set to public.

I have not searched that sticky, but will do so now.  Thank you

1 hour ago, Guinness9005 said:

1: Use the DVD-ROM in the UNRAID server and attempt to figure out how to get the DVD ROM to "pass through"

2: Use my Notebook to rip the disks directly to the array. (I have been doing this to my NAS already)

The MakeMKV Docker container will allow you to do #1.  Of course, #2 is always an option as well assuming you get your client access issues resolved.

I use both options.

You may want to clear out your credentials for unRAID in Windows Credential Manager so you are starting with a blank slate.  Anything you have entered previously that did not work will be "remembered" and could continue to cause access issues.  If the shares you are trying to access are public, often just a "/" for the user and no password is sufficient.  Unfortunately, Windows 10 can be a bit of a mess when it comes to credentials and SMB access (as you will see by reading through that Windows issues thread).