[Help] Unassigned Array Devices

My boot device failed today. I had to to restore an 2 month old boot backup to another usb drive so i could spin up my drives. I was foolishly storing my boot backups on the array. I then copied the config folder from a 7 day old backup to the new drive. After rebooting, my nas has lost the drive assignments. How would I go about using the info below to reassign the drives and fix this issue without losing data? Can someone please help me?

Disk Assignments
Disk: parity  Device: WDC_WD80EMAZ-00WJTA0_7HK36D3N  Status: DISK_OK
Disk: disk1  Device: WDC_WD80EMAZ-00WJTA0_7HJV9A0F  Status: DISK_OK
Disk: disk2  Device: WDC_WD40EZRZ-22GXCB0_WD-WCC7K7HHHACN  Status: DISK_OK
Disk: parity2  Device:   Status: DISK_NP_DSBL
Disk: cache  Device: Samsung_SSD_860_EVO_500GB_S598NE0MB07921E  Status: DISK_OK
Disk: cache2  Device: HP_SSD_EX900_500GB_HBSE39260100698  Status: DISK_OK
Disk: flash  Device: Cruzer_Fit  Status: DISK_OK

The HP drive is no longer relevant. It was removed between the backup and now.

Edited by mason1171
Formatting fix

Tools - New Config.  Then from the Main Tab, assign the drives accordingly.  Because you had a cache pool I'm not 100% sure of the ramifications of not assigning the second cache drive, but will say that if ANYTHING comes up as unmountable when you go to start the array to stop whatever you're doing and ask for help here.

New Config will only (optionally) rebuild parity. If you think parity is already valid then you can check a box when you go to start the array telling it parity is valid and it won't even rebuild parity. No other disk will be changed in any case.

The reason for the warning is because if someone has a data disk that needs to be rebuilt, then doing New Config makes it forget that data disk needs to be rebuilt.

The main danger from New Config is accidentally assigning a data disk to the parity slot, thus overwriting that data with parity.

• Like 1

yes, but

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Because you had a cache pool I'm not 100% sure of the ramifications of not assigning the second cache drive, but will say that if ANYTHING comes up as unmountable when you go to start the array to stop whatever you're doing and ask for help here.