wanted to try unraid

hi guys i wanted to try unraid and i booted form the usb for with a trial key and created my array

the problem is when i go to shares theres none.... not even the System one and when i go to shares and wms i get this errors

is there anything i can do or a way to perform a clean install? 

also when i try to add a share there the loading animation but it dosent add an share 

thanks in advance image.png.f76cd2791b8550e2c97efd7a5d0fdee1.png

diagnostics-20200408-1309.zip

Edited by JapanFreak

Cache is intended for temporary storage of files that will be moved to the parity array. It is also used for files related to dockers and VMs so they will perform better.

Best to not even try to cache the initial data load since cache won't have the capacity. After that, you can decide how much you want to cache and how often you want it moved. Mover is intended for idle time.

I recommend not caching anything except your dockers and VMs until you get a better idea how you will use the system.

10 minutes ago, JapanFreak said:

i wanted to use cache for the whole HDD does that make sense ?

Trying to cache everything all the time is usually a mistake.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Cache is intended for temporary storage of files that will be moved to the parity array. It is also used for files related to dockers and VMs so they will perform better.

Best to not even try to cache the initial data load since cache won't have the capacity. After that, you can decide how much you want to cache and how often you want it moved. Mover is intended for idle time.

I recommend not caching anything except your dockers and VMs until you get a better idea how you will use the system.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

thx both of you so to summarize i just need to buy another 120 ssd and use it only for vm and docks and im done? 

On 4/8/2020 at 2:32 PM, johnnie.black said:

A redundant cache pool, you need at least 2 devices.

On 4/8/2020 at 4:07 PM, trurl said:

That is a good start. It would be enough for me and the way I use cache.

so i added another ssd in a case of hdd failure am i good now or is there still something i need to do ? 

image.thumb.png.68416e3bc4c23e48451b624cdf178bea.png

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

It's showing 240GB usable, so it's not a mirror, or screenshot was just after adding it and it's still balancing, if yes wait for balance to finish.

how do i create a mirror? i just added the drive stared the array and made the screenshot 

46 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Like mentioned if you just started the array it's balancing, wait for cache activity to stop.

is there a way to see if its done balancing ? it only shows the capacity of the first one and for the secound it just says e Device is part of cache pool

sorry to bother you with so many questions but im a newbie to unraid and thanks again