Web GUI Login Issues

I'm not a what I'd consider an advanced user however I managed to get unraid up and running with the help from a friend and following the Spaceinvader One YouTube videos.  Everything has been working great without issue for over a year.  I pretty much use it as a full time PLEX server and media storage. I manage all my files though the Plex interface and using Finder (Mac) to move media around. Zero issues navigating the unraid server through Finder.  As such I've had a few instances where I haven't logged into the server through the GUI for months at a time.

The last two times I've tried to log into unraid through the GUI I'm getting prompted for a username and password.  It's also causing issues with Time Machine backups now.  This never happened once in the 1st year+.  The default admin account was simply the root user and no password set so when I got the GUI login it caused trouble because I didn't know (or have) a password set.  I found a guide online on how to wipe the passwords and GUI login was gone and everything was great again.  Today I log on to do some maintenance and again am being prompted for the GUI Login. I still have access through Finder without issues though.  Does anyone know why it does this? Is it simply from not accessing the server enough? (security measure) or is there a way to remove the login prompt?

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 10.42.29 AM.png

1 hour ago, cdn_bacon said:

I've tried to log into unraid through the GUI I'm getting prompted for a username and password.

Because you have a root password set and have logged out / restarted the server / cleared cookies on your browser

1 hour ago, cdn_bacon said:

It's also causing issues with Time Machine backups now.

Having a root password shouldn't affect anything