Parity Drive start spinning with no our drivers being access

I have been watching this for a few days and I don't understand why it happens.

during the day I when no-one is using the system my Parity drive just spins up when and there is no other drivers being access within the raid pool.

I am not sure if this is a new issue or something I have just seen of late as I am been working from home - and I have just notice it.

when this happens I log onto the unraid and check and there is no active reading or writing to the disc so I just stop the drive, and it returns back to normal.

any ideals ?

2 hours ago, chris_netsmart said:

Many thanks @Squid.  I have gone back to see where my confusion was and I took the default hard drive spin down settings to include the taid driives and also the parity not realising the parity had its own options once again many thanks for your help.

The global option is the default for all array and cache drives.   You can override the default for any of these drives by clicking in it in the Main tab and setting a specific value for the drive you just clicked.