Just purchased a key, good time to swap usb keys?

My 30 days is up and i just bought a key.  I haven't assigned it to my server yet (only purchased it).  I want to replace my usb drive (original is a pos freebie).  

I just created a boot backup and got it installed on my new kingston usb drive.  If i shut down the server, and swap flash drives, when i boot it back up, i can start the array again by entering my guid?  This way i wont have used up my "once a year" usb swap?

There is no way to enter the GUID. It is a unique identifier for a specific flash drive and Unraid gets it from the flash drive that is plugged in. Sounds like you have bought a license for the GUID of that "pos freebie". If you want to use a new flash drive, you will have to do the transfer to get the license to work with the GUID of the new flash drive.

41 minutes ago, trurl said:

There is no way to enter the GUID. It is a unique identifier for a specific flash drive and Unraid gets it from the flash drive that is plugged in. Sounds like you have bought a license for the GUID of that "pos freebie". If you want to use a new flash drive, you will have to do the transfer to get the license to work with the GUID of the new flash drive.

Ok.  I'll just activate my purchased license on the POS flash and go through the transfer later.