[Solved] Help with MIgration and cache removal

Greetings people

I have a very simple setup. Machine with 4 X HDD and 2 X SSD for cache. No parity Disk numebr 3 has failed but i managed to move most of the data off it and onto the remaining drives I removed the disk from all the shares so this disk is virtually empty.

The issue now is that i have to de-commission the entire machine and want to move to a smaller microserver and i dont need the SSD disks for cache either. I'll only be running it as a media server with Plex, Sonarr etc.

I set all shares to "yes" as per post I got on the forum and invoked the mover. It left some data on the cache pool and I saw it was a VM's disk file. Seeing that i dont need the VMs anymore, i deleted it and invoked the mover again. This time nothing moved. I then stopped the array and removed the cache disks from the config. Upon restarting the array all the containers were gone. Only after I added the SSD disks again, the containers were restored

So here is the questions

Can remove the cache disks and keep my containers? Once i get that done

Can i remove the failed disk from the array before I move the remaining disks to the microserver ?

I see you can create a new config, but i was not sure if my data would stay in tact. From post I have read it seems quite easy to migrate to the other machine .. Seems you move the disks and USB key to the new machine and Bob's your uncle 

It would see the order in which I need to do this it tripping me up

Has anyone done something similar successfully that can assist please 

Thanks in advance 

• Christo changed the title to Help with MIgration and cache removal

Delete the one on disk1 since it doesn't seem to be current. You can try to get the one on cache moved if you want, or you can just forget about it since docker image is easily recreated.

appdata and the docker templates on flash are all that's required to get your dockers going again exactly as they were. The templates contain all the mappings, etc of your dockers, and the Previous Apps feature of the Apps page will use those to download the dockers again with all of their settings, and the appdata contains any settings or other data the applications themselves have.

• Christo changed the title to [Solved] Help with MIgration and cache removal