Sign in to follow this  
peteknot

Applying update to Docker container readds removed template values

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Running UnRaid 6.8.3. I have docker containers that I don't want accessible outside of a reverse proxy. So I edited the container and removed the PORTs specified. Everything works fine til I go in and "Check for Updates" followed by "Apply Update". Then the PORTs I removed will be readded to the container's spec. I thought this was just checking the docker repository for a new image. Is this doing something more with checking the templates in "Community Applications" or something? Thanks for the help!

It's by design from the OS.  It assumes that any ports etc that aren't defined in your template are new to the update and adds them in.

Is it a particular issue for you, or just an annoyance.

If it's an issue for the container itself adding them back in, then you can post in the applicable support thread for the app to have them modify the template accordingly to avoid this behaviour (there is a way for them to not have this happen)

If it's an annoyance / problem just for you, then stop the docker service (Settings), switch to advanced view and enable template authoring mode.  Restart the service and edit the app, switch to advanced view and remove the entry TemplateURL

29 minutes ago, Squid said:

If it's an annoyance / problem just for you, then stop the docker service (Settings), switch to advanced view and enable template authoring mode.  Restart the service and edit the app, switch to advanced view and remove the entry TemplateURL

It is definitely just an annoyance to me as I don't want the ports to show back up as then they could be accessed from outside the reverse proxy. So I will try this method. Thanks!

So I turned on Template Authoring in the settings and re-enabled docker. But when I go to edit a container's spec, in advanced mode, I don't see any TemplateURL variables. Below is a snippet of the linuxserver/plex template in advanced mode. "VERSION" is the start of the container's variables.

image.thumb.png.8b423a01138b75674673a1a2a46ceb4d.png

Phoque.  Yeah, it is removed from the UI.  (I keep forgetting that it is, and even worse I keep forgetting that I'm the one who removed it ;) )

Edit the file /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-whateverNameOfTheContainer.xml on the flash drive and remove that line altogether.