Icon Collections for DOCKER FOLDER Plugin

@hernandito Thanks so much to both yourself and @Josiah for your creative efforts here! Certainly feels nice to have added a little spice to the dashboard 💚

If you're still taking requests, I'd be very interested in a Jellyfin icon replacement, if you've the time at least? I'm using the yellow/gold set, but color agnostic as I can always change it after of course!

I'd been working on laying the groundwork for transitioning everyone on my plex server over to jellyfin ever since they added 1st party streaming, but had basically set it aside for the longest time as it didn't seem *tooooo* bad due to all the effort involved - not just setting up jellyfin itself, but implementing SSO for it, compiling all documentation I'd need to communicate to the users transitioning, testing clients to do so, etc... But with the recent *MASSIVE* privacy scandal/issue, that's been the kick in the pants needed for me to pick it back up and try to get it over the line.

It'd be awesome to keep the beautiful dashboard scheme with the transition 😁

3 hours ago, BVD said:

@hernandito Thanks so much to both yourself and @Josiah for your creative efforts here! Certainly feels nice to have added a little spice to the dashboard 💚

If you're still taking requests, I'd be very interested in a Jellyfin icon replacement, if you've the time at least? I'm using the yellow/gold set, but color agnostic as I can always change it after of course!

I'd been working on laying the groundwork for transitioning everyone on my plex server over to jellyfin ever since they added 1st party streaming, but had basically set it aside for the longest time as it didn't seem *tooooo* bad due to all the effort involved - not just setting up jellyfin itself, but implementing SSO for it, compiling all documentation I'd need to communicate to the users transitioning, testing clients to do so, etc... But with the recent *MASSIVE* privacy scandal/issue, that's been the kick in the pants needed for me to pick it back up and try to get it over the line.

It'd be awesome to keep the beautiful dashboard scheme with the transition 😁

‘sure…. Let me work on it today. This would be a static icon. Can’t re-figure out how to do the animated stuff…

What is the MASSIVE piracy scandal? I have not heard about it. What is SSO?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hernandito said:

‘sure…. Let me work on it today. This would be a static icon. Can’t re-figure out how to do the animated stuff…

What is the MASSIVE piracy scandal? I have not heard about it. What is SSO?

It was also reported in various news outlets, such as heri. Its Plex deciding, without anyone's consent, that anyone youve shred your library with should also know what youve watched. And this is opt out, meaning you were defaulted in to it, and wouldn't uncover the setting unless stumbled across accidentally... Or after one of the people on your server shoots you an email asking about your latest viewing habits.

The bigger concern for me is that it effectively shows they've 0 concern for anyone's privacy more broadly - theres nothing to stop them from doing something like this again, only never telling you, instead just selling your viewing habits to the highest bidder, and this time you'd not have someone reaching out to you so you knew to go change this new setting they implemented.

SSO is single sign on - I have several family and friends on my bitwarden and nextcloud instances as well, so instead of adding yet another login they have to remember, I figured I'd set up SSO so they could log in to all three with a single account. I'm currently working on getting all their play histories synced from my Plex server over to jellyfin, and I think that'll be the last step before I start getting people migrated over. Hoping to have the Plex server taken offline by spring... At least thats the timeline ive got planned at this point lol

Thanks for letting us know... I was set to All Private... I only share w/ a couple family members.

Anyway, on to the icons... I don't want to hijack my own thread.

Here are a few options for the Jellyfin. I tried to animate but I had no luck. I am including the static svg file in case someone wants to give it a try. My animation idea was to EITHER have the inner triangle rotate 120 degrees in about .75 seconds on a 3 second animation. OR change the color of the inner triangle from blue to deep red and back to blue. Transition would be for about 1.25 secs.

Jellyfin-raw.svg

Here are the static icons in .png format. These are 500 px square. I recommend re-sizing to about 120 px. I am not a fan of the color version, but include it just in case.

Jellyfin1.png.f45d1438925965a2ec93bb16d67f544b.png

Jellyfin2.png.11500d9a5e969198cae72fe9336c7d74.png

Jellyfin3.png.5608e7b9db404eb71dc677d9ef5360e2.png

Thanks.

H.

10 minutes ago, hernandito said:

Here are a few options for the Jellyfin. I tried to animate but I had no luck. I am including the static svg file in case someone wants to give it a try. My animation idea was to EITHER have the inner triangle rotate 120 degrees in about .75 seconds on a 3 second animation. OR change the color of the inner triangle from blue to deep red and back to blue. Transition would be for about 1.25 secs.

Wow, looks awesome, and done SUPER quick, thank you so much!

I don't use the animated icons, as I'd unfortunately never been able to get them to work properly on my end (idk if it's a versioning problem, one unique to my setup, or whatever the case may be lol), but had always thought they looked amazing regardless 😁

The only animation idea I'd had was something like having the center part of the icon look like it was 'dropping in', having it bounce once before settling. At first the center part is large, covering almost the entire icon tile, then it shrinks down and down till it's a bit smaller than default, finally increasing in size (more quickly than the shrink to simulate the 'bounce') till getting to the expected end size.

Seemed like a neat idea, but as I don't (or can't? lol) use animated icons anyway, hadn't really mentioned 😅

• 2 months later...