Error -bash: cd: /dev/dri: No such file or directory Plex

On 1/19/2022 at 4:54 AM, SimonF said:

Click on the falsh drive from the main tab and update the menu lines you need example on the GUI Menu section.

image.thumb.png.f8acedba3d44e7994e904e9f0fefe347.png

So I made the change, silly question since I made the change under the Unraid OS GUI mode does that mean I need to boot in GUI mode? I have just been booting it in Unraid OS mode.

1 minute ago, greencode said:

So I made the change, silly question since I made the change under the Unraid OS GUI mode does that mean I need to boot in GUI mode? I have just been booting it in Unraid OS mode.

make the same change on OS mode line also. gui was just an example.

• Like 1
On 1/18/2022 at 11:29 PM, SimonF said:

Which version of Unraid are you using if you are using  RC2 you need to blacklist the i915 if using intel gpu top.

either add to syslinux  i915.force_probe=4680

or add to i915.conf in modprobed.

options i915 force_probe=4680

or blacklist i915 and load intel gpu top as per this post.

So I tried adding syslinux and it does not seem to be working, do you know if blacklisting i915 would work any better? I am not sure what the difference is, does it cause different drivers to be loaded? Or would it just be better to wait for the Kernel and then unraid to support it down the road, would support be noted in the release notes?

6 minutes ago, greencode said:

So I tried adding syslinux and it does not seem to be working, do you know if blacklisting i915 would work any better? I am not sure what the difference is, does it cause different drivers to be loaded? Or would it just be better to wait for the Kernel and then unraid to support it down the road, would support be noted in the release notes?

Can you post diagnostics

2 minutes ago, SimonF said:

i915 driver is loaded. So is it transcoding that is failing? There is only one driver they are just different ways to get it to load. You may need to wait for later kernels.

Yeah, not sure if you got a chance too see my post with the error logs but what happens is it starts to transcode and works fine for a few minutes then the igpu dashboard shows it stuck at 100% and the whole server becomes unresponsive. The CPU also starts going to 100% core by core according to the dashboard widget. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, SimonF said:

i915 driver is loaded. So is it transcoding that is failing? There is only one driver they are just different ways to get it to load. You may need to wait for later kernels.

On that note of waiting for later kernels, is there a site or way I can track and see if transcoding support has been fully added? On some of the other post I see mention that Linux kernel 15.16 should have additional support for transcoding and I see some sites say that "Intel’s upcoming Alder Lake S graphics support is complete and stable, it seems, in this release. It is not experimental anymore from this Kernel version, and it is not hidden behind the force_probe switch anymore. It is enabled by default." Would that include support for transcoding or just mean it wont crash the sever which it already doesn't cause the server to crash, except when transcoding. 

Site that mentions Alderlake support:

https://www.debugpoint.com/2022/01/linux-kernel-5-16/

So I guess my questions are:

Is there an easy way to see when transcoding with Alderlake is supported? (On the Linux kernel itself.)

How long generally speaking does it take for Unraid to move onto the next kernel? I see that 6.10.0-rc3 has the 5.15 kernel. 

Once support is added should I remove the force probe or does it not matter?

Thanks for all your help. 

2 minutes ago, greencode said:

On that note of waiting for later kernels, is there a site or way I can track and see if transcoding support has been fully added? On some of the other post I see mention that Linux kernel 15.16 should have additional support for transcoding and I see some sites say that "Intel’s upcoming Alder Lake S graphics support is complete and stable, it seems, in this release. It is not experimental anymore from this Kernel version, and it is not hidden behind the force_probe switch anymore. It is enabled by default." Would that include support for transcoding or just mean it wont crash the sever which it already doesn't cause the server to crash, except when transcoding. 

Site that mentions Alderlake support:

https://www.debugpoint.com/2022/01/linux-kernel-5-16/

So I guess my questions are:

Is there an easy way to see when transcoding with Alderlake is supported? (On the Linux kernel itself.)

How long generally speaking does it take for Unraid to move onto the next kernel? I see that 6.10.0-rc3 has the 5.15 kernel. 

Once support is added should I remove the force probe or does it not matter?

Thanks for all your help. 

From what I have read 5.16 should have the proper driver. Not sure If 6.10 will drop with later kernel. But have seen other posts talking about 5.16 but no confirmation.

But not sure if that will fix transcode until it can be tested.