[SOLVED] 1tb Cache shows as 16GB?

Hello all, newbie to unraid, just looking at my cache after a few weeks and it now shows as 16GB as the total size, and it is a 1tb drive? I am getting a lot of: 

May 29 18:27:53 Tower shfs: cache disk full

which is what had me even look at it.

Mover has completed. So all the files should be off there right?

I have 6 drives totalling 32TB, and a 10tb parity drive. 

My cache drive is 1tb.

The only things I can think of is I am running Plex, and possibly its transcoding folder (which is in /tmp by the way) set some sort of crazy partition? I have no idea. I have used dockers before, but nothing like this. The resource allocation to this scale is all foreign. I have an Nvidia GPU (posted in another thread), and this $1k+ sever's only purpose is to grab movies off the internet, and watch plex.

If you have any suggestions for tuning this thing for these types of activities I am all ears. Will provide beer if you live in the MA/NH area.

tower-syslog-20200530-0007.zip

Something strange happened here, you had a two device cache pool and removed one of the devices, then after array start a pool balance began to convert it to a single device, UD plugin detected the now unassigned former pool member but from what I can see it did nothing to it:

May 29 09:50:44 Tower unassigned.devices: Mounting 'Auto Mount' Devices...
May 29 09:50:44 Tower unassigned.devices: Disk with serial 'OCZ-SOLID3_OCZ-5QFK65330EYP720P', mountpoint 'OCZ-SOLID3_OCZ-5QFK65330EYP720P' is not set to auto mount and will not be mounted.

All normal up to here, pool finished converting to single device without any error and the now unassigned device was removed from the pool:

May 29 10:03:09 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device sdb1): relocating block group 22020096 flags metadata
May 29 10:03:12 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device sdb1): found 14766 extents
May 29 10:03:12 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device sdb1): relocating block group 1048576 flags system
May 29 10:03:12 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device sdb1): found 1 extents
May 29 10:03:12 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device sdb1): device deleted: /dev/sdj1
May 29 10:03:12 Tower rc.diskinfo[7724]: SIGHUP received, forcing refresh of disks info.

Strange part is after that, going to ping @dlandonto see if he can see why this happened, I don't find any reference of UD mounting the former cache member but then it tries to unmount it and believes it's still part of the pool so it forced unmounted /mnt/cache:

May 29 11:53:10 Tower unassigned.devices: Unmounting disk 'OCZ-SOLID3_OCZ-5QFK65330EYP720P'...
May 29 11:53:10 Tower unassigned.devices: Unmounting '/dev/sdj1'...
May 29 11:53:10 Tower unassigned.devices: Unmount cmd: /sbin/umount '/dev/sdj1' 2>&1
May 29 11:53:10 Tower unassigned.devices: Unmount of '/dev/sdj1' failed. Error message: umount: /mnt/cache: target is busy.
May 29 11:53:11 Tower unassigned.devices: Since there aren't any open files, will force unmount.
May 29 11:53:11 Tower unassigned.devices: Unmounting '/dev/sdj1'...
May 29 11:53:11 Tower unassigned.devices: Unmount cmd: /sbin/umount -fl '/dev/sdj1' 2>&1
May 29 11:53:11 Tower unassigned.devices: Successfully unmounted '/dev/sdj1'

@chris BCache should be fine after rebooting, if not please post new diags.

Hey appreciate you looking into this. This does make sense. I added what I believe to be a corrupted drive to the cache pool, and saw some errors, pulled it out, and this makes sense why it got in a wierd state. 

I ended up formatting the cache, and re-installing my apps, all seems fine now. The cache now shows up as 1tb. Thanks again for your help!

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] 1tb Cache shows as 16GB?
5 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Strange part is after that, going to ping @dlandonto see if he can see why this happened, I don't find any reference of UD mounting the former cache member but then it tries to unmount it and believes it's still part of the pool so it forced unmounted /mnt/cache:

What happened is that UD saw that the device /dev/sdj1 was mounted, but failed to check if UD had mounted the device.  UD needs to check that the device is mounted at /mnt/disks, which indicates that UD has mounted the device.  If it is not mounted at /mnt/disks, UD should refuse to unmount the device.  I need to think through whether or not it makes sense for UD to show a device as mounted if UD did not mount it, or disable the 'Unmount' button.  Kind of like the latter, but I need to see what I can do in the code.

11 hours ago, dlandon said:

UD needs to check that the device is mounted at /mnt/disks, which indicates that UD has mounted the device. 

Yes, this would be good, at first I was going to suggest never touching /mnt/cache but limiting it to /mnt/disks would be much better especially with the upcoming multiple pools that will be mounted at /mnt/whatever_you_name_the_pool