HappyPandaX Support Thread

28 posts in this topic Last Reply

On 1/10/2021 at 2:22 PM, xyzeratul said:

I'd say lanraragi is a much better choice, I tried hpx long time ago, totally a mess in UI management.

Maybe I should give it another go, see how things improved in one year.

Agree with this, I liked the design of HPX but it was too buggy and unfinished for me. Dev did not seem terribly active either. LRR works smoothly for me, just a shame it's not as feature-rich as HPX with regards to tagging and organizing.

On 1/12/2021 at 2:33 PM, severanced said:

Your comment made me look at Lanraragi, the damn thing doesn't work with folders of images, only archives, total dead weight out the door.

This isn't much of a complaint, archives are the more common way of distributing manga online and more convenient overall IMO. If you have an existing library of content that is in folders, it's trivial to convert them to archives.

1 hour ago, MM23 said:

Agree with this, I liked the design of HPX but it was too buggy and unfinished for me. Dev did not seem terribly active either. LRR works smoothly for me, just a shame it's not as feature-rich as HPX with regards to tagging and organizing.

This isn't much of a complaint, archives are the more common way of distributing manga online and more convenient overall IMO. If you have an existing library of content that is in folders, it's trivial to convert them to archives.

Having to change the way you work so that the program itself functions is pretty bad logic, especially for something that the programmer has said would be trivial to implement but he won't because he doesn't organize his collection that way. That's pretty bad. I have 10,000's of doujins/manga and converting them to archives for another program that's less feature rich would be quite time consuming.

2 hours ago, severanced said:

Having to change the way you work so that the program itself functions is pretty bad logic, especially for something that the programmer has said would be trivial to implement but he won't because he doesn't organize his collection that way. That's pretty bad. I have 10,000's of doujins/manga and converting them to archives for another program that's less feature rich would be quite time consuming.

It's really not.

for i in * ; do zip -vr "$i.zip" "$i" ; mv "$i.zip" /mnt/user/$CONTENT ; done

With a simple batch command I converted about 4000 doujins this way in a matter of hours.