Puzzling Fix Common Problems Alert

Unraid 6.8.3

This pops up in alerts.

"Fix Common Problems - Tower: 08-06-2020 12:43

Errors have been found with your server (Tower).
Investigate at Settings / User Utilities / Fix Common Problems"

So I do so, and...

"Share Media has disk7 set in its included disk settingsdisk7 is not defined / installed in the array. This will cause errors when writing to the array. Fix it here:

NOTE: Because of how the UI works, disk7 will not appear in on this page. You will need to make a change (any change), then revert the change and hit apply to fix this issue"

This is not the case; Share Media only includes disks 1 to 6.

I recently rebuilt my array with newer, fewer, larger capacity drives, as my old one was littered with lots of smaller ones that were getting on a bit. None of my shares include a disk 7 and parity checks out fine. Need I be concerned, and if so, what should I do about it (short of adding a disk 7 to the array - which I suppose I could do)?

Thanks for any advice.

Odd, it doesn’t show as ticked as an included disk in any of my shares. Parity checks out as valid; wouldn’t a missing disk corrupt the parity data?

Anyhow, I am where I am; is the suggested course of action that I should add a disk 7, create a new array that now includes the disk, tick it to be included in the desired shares and then rebuild parity?

33 minutes ago, dbrowne said:

is the suggested course of action that I should add a disk 7,

No. You should do what it says.

13 hours ago, dbrowne said:

NOTE: Because of how the UI works, disk7 will not appear in on this page. You will need to make a change (any change), then revert the change and hit apply to fix this issue"

On the share settings for that share, uncheck one of the includes, recheck it, then hit apply.

• Thanks 1