New variation on: Share cache is identically named to a disk share

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been searching everywhere today and understand at some point I need to enable mover but the configuration, for now, must be off since we can't create the default appdata storage location in cache.  I can't help but think I've overlooked providing something to you to figure this out as I'm perplexed at this point

Let's get to the bottom of your user share named "cache" first. That screenshot you just posted does seem to indicate a folder named "cache" in the user shares, but it has the wrong permissions. I am beginning to suspect it doesn't actually exist on any disk, but that you somehow accidentally created it by specifying the path /mnt/user/cache somewhere.

What do you get from the command line with this?

ls -lah /mnt/user0

and this?

ls -lah /mnt/cache

Go to Main - Array Devices. At the far right is a column that says View, with folder icons below it, one for each array disk. Clicking on the folder icon for a disk will show the folders on that disk. Do that for each of your array disks and see if you can find a top level folder on any array disk with the name "cache".

None of the things in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user are plugins. They are the templates that contain the settings for your dockers. You can reinstall any of those docker exactly as they were because you have those templates.

OK, let's go on to this:

49 minutes ago, isrdude said:

would this be a good time to set appdata share from only to prefer, stop docker, then initiate mover?

Did you already start docker? If so, post new diagnostics just so I can check how it is configured now.

OK, that looks good.

And your appdata is already all on cache so nothing needs done about that.

You need to move that Plex-Media-Server folder from the Media share to appdata so it will be in the right place for reinstalling Plex.

But don't actually install any dockers yet. We need to take them one at a time and see what needs changing in their setups.