When i start a VM my dockers become unusable

Let me explain this weird situation i just cannot resolve.

I have a PC with 16GB Ram, 1 NIC, i5-6500. I have like 10 dockers running on the first 2 core, with the last 2 cores excluded exclusivly for VM's. I start up my VM (doesn't matter if its ubuntu or windows) and when its on my dockers become weirdly unusable. For example:

My Pi-Hole just stops answering to DNS requests

My Unifi controller sets all the access points in the controller to "Adopting"

When i stop my vm and its shutdown my Pi-Hole starts to run again and all the acess points on the unifi controller says connecte again.

This i just one thing i cannot resolve myself. Host access to custom networks is off btw, every dockers has its own IP\

Diagnostics is included. Hopefully someone can help me out

Edited by Mirano
21 minutes ago, PeteAsking said:

Can you temporarily disable cpu isolation and retest. You can leave the vm’s pinned to the last 2 cores. 

Starting Ubuntu resolves into acces points going to adopt stage and pi hole not responding, this did not work unfortunately!

It looks from the logs that you have promiscuous mode on. Can you try disabling that since the issues are network related?

un 17 23:17:09 HPUnraid kernel: br0: port 2(vnet0) entered disabled state
Jun 17 23:17:09 HPUnraid kernel: device vnet0 entered promiscuous mode
Jun 17 23:17:09 HPUnraid kernel: br0: port 2(vnet0) entered blocking state

Edited by PeteAsking
On 6/18/2020 at 3:21 AM, PeteAsking said:

It looks from the logs that you have promiscuous mode on. Can you try disabling that since the issues are network related?

un 17 23:17:09 HPUnraid kernel: br0: port 2(vnet0) entered disabled state
Jun 17 23:17:09 HPUnraid kernel: device vnet0 entered promiscuous mode
Jun 17 23:17:09 HPUnraid kernel: br0: port 2(vnet0) entered blocking state

I have just disabled Promiscouous mode:

image.png.cd743a72905e63178f7cc5ff8b2c0c59.png

But that didnt solve the issue unfortinately. i send new d

Edited by Mirano
16 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

Hmm I actually cant see the issue. At this point I would see what happens if you only have the vm's running then start only the unifi and pihole dockers and see if there is still a problem. Maybe one of the dockers you have is causing an issue.

Hey, Thanks for answering. I tried what you mentioned, i stopped al my dockers except for my Nginx and unifi controller. When i start my VM the same thing happends unfortinately

Okay, i've got the issue tracked down:

When my VM is using network bridge Br0 my unifi access points go unresponsive. When i use the only other one avaible: Virbr0 my access points will stay responsive, yet i have no internet on my VM. My network settings:

image.thumb.png.46883920eea1048831fc8dbd389186aa.pngimage.thumb.png.138d557f30048607913cfefb90de4b0f.png

Anyone know what setting is wrong?

23 minutes ago, PeteAsking said:

Are the wg0 interfaces wireguard interfaces? I think some other people on the forums have had issues with wireguard and bonded nics but obviously I dont know if that is your issue, just mentioning this in case.

Yes they are, I will disable bonding either this evening or tommorow and see if that fixes things

• Like 1
On 6/19/2020 at 3:19 PM, Mirano said:

Yes they are, I will disable bonding either this evening or tommorow and see if that fixes things

On 6/19/2020 at 2:56 PM, itimpi said:

That is what I have on my system and I am not seeing the sort of problems you are reporting

So i've tested by disabling bonding:

image.thumb.png.2581c6747a600b9b590480ebef58cb5f.png

But no success, devices still go on adopting on the wifi portal and my pi-hole stops answering do DNS requests. i've included the new diag

hpunraid-diagnostics-20200624-0916.zip