Replace Array - keep cache?

I'm having problems with reads & errors on my array, its been suggested it is because the drives are passed through by the raid card on my Microserver (Gen8).  I can change the drives in the bios to AHCI, I assume this will mean I lose all the data in the array / on the drives.

This isn't a problem as everything is backed up to another machine, but will I keep all my setting on the cache driver (I'm thinking the dockers I have which took some setting up)?

Just saw your other thread. Probably would have been better if you had just asked this new question on that thread since that thread had all the context for your new question, and the person @johnnie.black who was replying to you on that other thread is the best one for telling you how to proceed.

In fact, I am going to lock this thread and suggest you just go back to your original thread for further advice.

I have unlocked this thread again but I suggest any further discussion of this go to this thread:

because

2 hours ago, tredman said:

I assume this will mean I lose all the data in the array / on the drives.

I don't think this is a valid assumption.

• trurl locked and unlocked this topic
11 hours ago, tredman said:

I can change the drives in the bios to AHCI, I assume this will mean I lose all the data in the array / on the drives.

Maybe not, you can always try and see, it will depend if RAID controller writes something to the MBR and/or uses a non standard partition, if it doesn't work you can always revert back to RAID mode and the disks will mount again (just never formatted them when in AHCI mode).