Trouble applying owned license to a second Proliant Microserver

Hello,

So... I am a "total noob" when it comes to UnRaid and to servers.  Essentially I was looking to buy a NAS and fell down a rabbit hole (with a hefty push from a friend) when I was introduced to HP Proliant Gen8 Microservers.

I have one set up and populated with disks which is a Plex server and I am building another for back up purposes.

I went ahead and purchased an UnRaid Plus license key to allow me to have 12 drives attached - I actually thought that that would allow me 3 microservers, but I forgot to count the SSD I installed as a device, doh.

No worries though.... I can still have two microservers, which is enough for now.

*** Business***

So, today I set up the second microserver and installed the UnRaid OS onto a USB drive... I have booted it and tried to set it up from memory, last time I had more help from the friend mentioned above.  The first thing that I did was to enter my UnRaid Server OS Plus Key..... however.... that did not go well.

In essence I got this message:

"The registered GUID does not match the USB Flash boot device GUID

The Registration key file does not correspond to the USB Flash boot device. Please copy the correct key file to the config directory on your USB Flash boot device. If you do not have a backup copy of your key file, Contact Support.

If you want to replace your Registration key with a new key bound to this USB Flash device, click Replace Key below. An original key may be replaced anytime. Thereafter, a replacement key may be replaced again after one year has passed. If you require another replacement key sooner, Contact Support.

Note: Replacing a Registration key results in permanently blacklisting the previous USB Flash GUID."

So, my question is.... have I effed up?  And is there a simple guide on how to fix this, without blacklisting anything?

Thanks for your help.

FireShot Capture 005 - Hermes_Registration - hermes.png

18 minutes ago, Loosetooth said:

I went ahead and purchased an UnRaid Plus license key to allow me to have 12 drives attached - I actually thought that that would allow me 3 microservers, but I forgot to count the SSD I installed as a device, doh.

Licenses don't apply across multiple machines, one license per machine, drive limit on that specific box.

Each USB Unraid stick must have a unique license.

What he said.

If you use that original flash on the first server, then it will be fine and won't get blacklisted. In fact, as long as you use that original flash with its registered key on any server it won't get blacklisted. But to have 2 servers running at the same time you have to have 2 licensed flash drives, one for each.

You will have to get another license for the flash drive on the second server.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Licenses don't apply across multiple machines, one license per machine, drive limit on that specific box.

Each USB Unraid stick must have a unique license.

Awwww....

I know it is my fault, but I did not realise that about UnRaid.  I cannot afford to register and pay for an entirely new license :(

When I bought the Plus license I bought that thinking that I could register multiple devices across servers.

I wonder if they will refund me and allow me to by two Basics?  As the 5 drives per Microserver is the maximum I could have anyway.

Thanks for your reply.

Edited by Loosetooth
51 minutes ago, trurl said:

What he said.

If you use that original flash on the first server, then it will be fine and won't get blacklisted. In fact, as long as you use that original flash with its registered key on any server it won't get blacklisted. But to have 2 servers running at the same time you have to have 2 licensed flash drives, one for each.

You will have to get another license for the flash drive on the second server.

Sod.

I did not realise that, I will have to contact support. 

Many thanks for your reply.