Dockers do not work after IP and network changes

Hi guys,

I had to migrate my Unraid server to another IP network. The old gateway was 192.168.10.1/24 and my server had the IP 192.168.10.11. Now the default gateway is 192.168.24.1/24 and my servers IP is 192.168.24.12

In the network settings of Unraid these values are set correctly. VMs are working fine. But my dockers in Unraid do not. The only docker thats working is NginxProxyManager. Nextcloud, mariadb and collabora do not. When i try to acces the WebGUI for nextcloud I do get a gateway error.

Obviously new installed docker apps work just fine.

Any suggestions where to change default gateways for the existing dockers or routing tables? 

Im just getting warmed up with all the network stuff...

- Philipp

I had the same problem.

I tried removing the dockers but even after reinstall the problem persisted.

Apparently the Appdata is not removed when removing containers. Go look in user/appdata.

I ended up removing the folder in appdata and starting from scratch.

2 hours ago, Phif said:

Nextcloud, mariadb

Since you mentioned these 2, you probably have nextcloud set to use mariadb.  Since you would do that within nextcloud by specifying the IP address of the server (along with the applicable port), its to be expected that the containers wouldn't work if the server's IP changed.

Either adjust the settings within the container's UIs, or adjust your router to use the previous address pool as before (and assign static IPs to the server via the router)

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Squid said:

Since you mentioned these 2, you probably have nextcloud set to use mariadb.  Since you would do that within nextcloud by specifying the IP address of the server (along with the applicable port), its to be expected that the containers wouldn't work if the server's IP changed.

Either adjust the settings within the container's UIs, or adjust your router to use the previous address pool as before (and assign static IPs to the server via the router)

THANK YOU! I needed that thoughts nudge.

I had to edit the config.php file of nextcloud and changed all old IPs to the new ones.

Thanks for the support guys