Fill-Up share changed to High-Water [Solved]

Hi Everyone. I'm a total newbie. I successfully set up an unraid server with 3 disk of which one is parity (3x 14Tb shucked WD).

I created a share with Fill-Up option enable. Perhaps I misunderstood how it works.

I copied my media library over to the share but after a little less of 14 tb transferred, I got a disk full error, although the 2nd data disk is less than 1% full.

I expected a similar folder structure was created on 2nd disk and the  transfer to continue. But no joy.

I switched the share allocation method to "High Water" and rebooted hoping that it would solve the problem, but again... no luck.

I have a qbittorrentvpn docker running in the background. Other than that everything is stock.

2020-07-13_19-19-13.png

2020-07-13_19-17-13.png

Edited by Gwendolyn Parker

Your problem is almost certainly the Split Level setting.   With a value of 1 any file whose path is more that one folder deep will be constrained to the drive where that folder is first created.  As was mentioned Split Level takes precedence in the event of any contention between the Share settings for choosing the drive for a file.

Thank you ! This solved my issue.

I reread the help and got it right from what you clarified. What I understood is that setting it to 1 would keep all that is 2nd level directories and below on the same drive, but it works the other way around it seems. Could you provide a use case in which the non automatic split level is necessary/useful ? Just for my knowledge.