[SOLVED] VMs disappeared after adding one ssd to cache pool and a parity disk - Version: 6.8.3

Hello, I am new to Unraid and was running with only 1 SSD at cache a 1 hard drive as a array.

Today I decided to add another ssd to the cache pool and one more HDD as a parity disk, but while the parity check was running suddenly all VMs stoped and now I reboot Unraid. After the startup all VMs were gone and every time I try to create a new one this messages shows up: "cannot create file '/etc/libvirt/qemu/Windows 10 - Larissa.xml.new': Read-only file system"

What should I do?

One extra issue, I tried stopping the array and it also does not work. It keeps displaying this message "Array Stopping•Retry unmounting disk share(s)...".

What should I do?

image.thumb.png.ee7c43f80feb6b433ed7d6c417fee31b.pngimage.thumb.png.b112bc2411d34228f029208821cc1cc6.pngimage.thumb.png.c9df184a39b3f87d122dddd1491d7f8a.png

13 hours ago, bschron said:

Hello, I am new to Unraid and was running with only 1 SSD at cache a 1 hard drive as a array.

Today I decided to add another ssd to the cache pool and one more HDD as a parity disk, but while the parity check was running suddenly all VMs stoped and now I reboot Unraid. After the startup all VMs were gone and every time I try to create a new one this messages shows up: "cannot create file '/etc/libvirt/qemu/Windows 10 - Larissa.xml.new': Read-only file system"

What should I do?

One extra issue, I tried stopping the array and it also does not work. It keeps displaying this message "Array Stopping•Retry unmounting disk share(s)...".

What should I do?

Beside what Johnnie said, it looks like you had a cache pool of 1x 240GB SSD. You then added a 120GB SSD to it.

Do you know that will immediately drop the amount of available space to 120GB (i.e. running in RAID-1)?

That explains why you suddenly ran out of space.

You might want to clarify what you were trying to do adding the 120GB to a pool with a 240GB if it was not an oversight.

4 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Cache pool is completely full, you need to move some data, it also has dual data profiles and it's not redundant, after you free up some space run a balance to raid1.

Thanks, removing the file "solved"my problem for now.

2 hours ago, testdasi said:

Beside what Johnnie said, it looks like you had a cache pool of 1x 240GB SSD. You then added a 120GB SSD to it.

Do you know that will immediately drop the amount of available space to 120GB (i.e. running in RAID-1)?

That explains why you suddenly ran out of space.

You might want to clarify what you were trying to do adding the 120GB to a pool with a 240GB if it was not an oversight.

Yes, this is still a bit confusing to me.

The idea is that I had 240gb on the cache and added more 120gb so I could have 360 total. Is this possible?

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] VMs disappeared after adding one ssd to cache pool and a parity disk - Version: 6.8.3