Unmountable: No file system after bouncing hard drive off the floor

Bit of an issue here, i have a 2tb drive in my "unprotected" array. To cut a long story short i was doing a rebuild due to a RMA for my motherboard and the 2tb drive slid out of the case and hit the floor. When i initially got the system up and running the head sounded stuck and unraid wouldn't start the array so i opened it up and reset the read head in the drive. For reference there are 2 other 8tb drives, 1  x 500gb ssd (part of the array as well) and a 1tb cache. They are all fine. 

Unraid initially read the drive fine and i could start the array and view some file files, file structure etc but after about 3 reboots Unraid is showing "Unmountable: No file system" and unraid is flagging errors on the drive. 

I don't necessarily want the contents of the drive, just a list of files so i can re-download them again. There was about 600GB of data on it.

Any ideas on how i can get this drive going again long enough to get the file names (via the array) or do i have to pull it and mount it with Linux on my laptop to read the file names?

14 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Are we to assume that you do not have a parity drive?

SO you physically opened up that drive.  Were you in a clean room? 

1: No parity

2: No i was not in a clean room. I fully expected the drive to not work and i wasn't going to invest to send the drive off to a clean room for it to be repaired. The data is not worth that investment so i figured i would unstick the head and attempt to read the drive (expecting errors) and it worked and allowed the array to start which is what i wanted. Since the drive did mount and i could see files & file structures im guessing its not completely destroyed and its just a ton of errors after unraid went to read some files on the drive causing Unraid to reject the drive as mountable for the array. What i am hoping for is a way to clear those errors temporarily from unraid so i can grab file names and then let the drive die.

I would ideally like to take the drive out of the array and mount it as a unassigned drive to a linux vm but if i take the drive out of the array then the array won't start, unraid shows "too many missing disks". 

Please post diags to see what's the actual problem with the disk when mounting.

10 hours ago, CatMilk said:

I would ideally like to take the drive out of the array and mount it as a unassigned drive to a linux vm but if i take the drive out of the array then the array won't start, unraid shows "too many missing disks". 

You can do that after doing a new config, but should have the same issue mounting the disk.

On 8/28/2020 at 7:52 AM, johnnie.black said:

Please post diags to see what's the actual problem with the disk when mounting.

You can do that after doing a new config, but should have the same issue mounting the disk.

I couldn't get it to mount correctly. I finally got Windows to recognize the drive (Ubuntu kept looping a mount attempt) and mount it. Running recovery software now and its looking quite good. Thanks anyway.