(solved) Rivo sata controller not being detected anymore

I rebuilt/cleaned my computer today cause I got a more fitting case. Once I booted I noticed the usual splash screen id get from the Sata controller didn't show and now my server doesn't see any of the drives I have connected to it. Its reading the four I have connected to my motherboard.

I've read a popular post that suggested that Marvell controllers have common issue which is solved by disabling csm but that has not worked for me. Any help would be appreciated!

Rivo sata controller

So far I've:

disabled / enable SVM and IOMMU

Add "append iommu=1 amd_iommu=pt initrd=/bzroot" to my syslinux config

Solved by removing the GTX 1050 and putting the sata controller in place. 

20200827_223119.jpg

Edited by Scruffyunraid
56 minutes ago, Scruffyunraid said:

Once I booted I noticed the usual splash screen id get from the Sata controller didn't show and now my server doesn't see any of the drives I have connected to it.

This splash screen is shown as a part of the BIOS setup routine for cards that are found when the system is coming up under the BIOS. The card must be detected first by the BIOS before it can be detected and used by Unraid!  I would suspect that you haven't seated the card properly or it is in a socket which does not permit it to be recognized.  (PCI-E x1 slots are funny animals.  They are often 'tied' to a PCI-E X16, x8 or X4 slot.  IF you have a card in one of these slots, strange things can happen.)

33 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

This splash screen is shown as a part of the BIOS setup routine for cards that are found when the system is coming up under the BIOS. The card must be detected first by the BIOS before it can be detected and used by Unraid!  I would suspect that you haven't seated the card properly or it is in a socket which does not permit it to be recognized.  (PCI-E x1 slots are funny animals.  They are often 'tied' to a PCI-E X16, x8 or X4 slot.  IF you have a card in one of these slots, strange things can happen.)

Thank you for the reply.  Funny enough, I felt that my sata card wasn't seated right in this new case for some reason.  But surely it must be seated / working if the blue LED is on.  Also in my System device I've got this. Unless.. thats my motherboard ports but I'm terribly lost 

04:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 9215 (rev 11)

EDIT: For reference my Motherboard is the B450M Pro4 and its on the top slot while the bottom two are my graphics cards

Edited by Scruffyunraid