Boot/Parity Check loop issue

Koi

I'm not sure if it runs stable with VM's and Docker containers running; but I believe the last reboot/parity check occurred without VM's or containers  running.

To be clear I generally dont have any containers running and the only VM ive run lately was the Mac Vm created by macinbox.

I allocated 60G as that's the most I could spare for the Mac VM; 20G is certainly not enough room, for me anyway. Not sure what you mean by problems filling it.

However, I dont really care so much about getting the Mac Vm running, Ive removed it in fact.  I only included the info on Mac Vm as the issue seems to have started since I recently installed it. 

Thanks!

Not sure if you know it but you will always get a parity check after an "unclean shutdown". Is it actually rebooting, or is it just unresponsive and you are rebooting it yourself?

Try disabling the docker service (Settings - Docker) and VM service (Settings - VM Manager), reboot in SAFE mode, and see if it will complete a parity check.

I understand that is normal, included just in case. 😃

It's actually rebooting itself. Ill login and the array will be off or will be in parity check. Ive completed 2 parity checks in last cpl days without errors.

I will try disabling both of those and see how it goes, thanks!

14 minutes ago, Koi said:

However, Im still getting the hardware warning, so boo.

Certain combinations of motherboards / unraid versions / cpu's (or your kids finding the keys to your liquor cabinet, "borrowing" a few ounces and then refilling it with water) will issue an MCE when initializing the processor.  This is what's happening with you, and is nothing to worry about and can be safely ignored.