No such file or directory plex what to do?

-JV-

Hallo :) trying to get my server up, and now im trying to get Plex up and runing. but i got this problem.

I cant see the "use hardware acceleration when available" and "Use hardware acceleration video encoding"

So in that video i need to go into f root and type cd /dev/dri

But when i do that it says  No such file or directory

I can see that im not the only with with this problem, but cant get it to work. 

Can someone tell me what to do?

5 hours ago, -JV- said:

I cant see the "use hardware acceleration when available" and "Use hardware acceleration video encoding"

Have you purchased a Plex Pass?  It is required for hardware transcoding or these options are not available.

Are you trying to use a an intel IGPU with Quicksync?

If so, follow this guide:

Are you trying to use an Nvidia GPU in a PCIe slot?

If so, follow this guide:

hope it is still possible to to steam movies

Yes, of course free Plex will allow you to stream movies. Hardware transcoding is among the features that require Plex Pass. You can still install and use a Plex on UnRAID to store and stream your media but transcoding will be software (CPU) only and it will not use your GPU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

You can still install and use a Plex on UnRAID to store and stream your media but transcoding will be software (CPU) only and it will not use your GPU.

I recently installed Plex (on Windows box) - for a very specific purpose, as Plex sucks - and found that after a few days it quit allowing transcodes to 1080p, and instead forced everything down to 480p until I picked up a Plex Pass.