[Guide] Fixing Nextcloud Uploads Filling up Docker Image

On 2/23/2021 at 3:31 AM, bpl294 said:

I was able to get this resolved by setting a RAM /tmp mapping in the Nextcloud docker and then disabling proxy buffering by adding the following strings to the NPM proxy host settings:

proxy_request_buffering off;
proxy_buffering off;

I have done this which seems to have fixed the issue, but now download speeds have been reduced significantly. Is there are better way to solve this using Nginx Proxy Manager?

EDIT: Speeds returned to normal... confirm the above works for NPM users

Edited by aussie_huddo
it worked
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/26/2021 at 6:17 AM, mgutt said:

Did you set "/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/temp"? If yes, are there any files in this folder when you upload files?

Alternatively upload your file and execute this command through the Webterminal:

find /var/lib/docker -type f -printf "%T@ %p\n" | sort -n | cut -d' ' -f 2- | tail -n 50

It shows you the 50 most recent files in the docker.img.

I added the temp path now my nextcloud return the error .ocdata. what should i do? thanks 

error Capture.JPG

temp.JPG

• 6 months later...
On 2/22/2021 at 11:31 AM, bpl294 said:

I was able to get this resolved by setting a RAM /tmp mapping in the Nextcloud docker and then disabling proxy buffering by adding the following strings to the NPM proxy host settings:

proxy_request_buffering off;
proxy_buffering off;

After this the upload speed cut by 50%. Any idia ,what i have to do?

On 8/11/2022 at 11:35 PM, aussie_huddo said:

I have done this which seems to have fixed the issue, but now download speeds have been reduced significantly. Is there are better way to solve this using Nginx Proxy Manager?

EDIT: Speeds returned to normal... confirm the above works for NPM users

How you got speed back to 100%. When i do this upload speed stuck 60MB/s otherwise in docker image speed is 130MB/s.

So I did this with Nextcloud (Linuxserver) /tmp (not SWAG) a while ago by remapping it to a folder inside Nextclouds own Appdata folder. It worked fine at the time. But after a container/Nextcloud(v28) update, I started having issues with the photos app/viewing photos in Nextcloud making Nextcloud stop responding with few logs until I restarted my NAS, and then the docker service had to be turned on again manually.

After a lot of testing I figured out removing the path remapping, fixed the freezing/stop responding issue.
But Now I am back to /tmp being in the docker image.

Anyone have heard about this before and know how to fix it or work around it? What about remapping a folder could cause problems with Nextcloud?