CRC Error

Hello

I have replaced a drive in my older server (RFS) after warning signals, the drive is currently rebuilding, it's currently at 209GB (5.2%) and has taken over 10 days to get to this at ridiculous speeds 240 KBS/sec. The drive is also showing CRC errors which have gone from 11 -16 in the 10 day period.

I have looked at threads here on the subject and im fairly satisfied this is a cable or similar issue, the drive was previous used as a parity drive without issue so I know the drive is sound. I further suspect the drive I replaced is sound also.

My question is here if I want to cancel this rebuild as the times scales are currently showing as 189 days! and replace the original drive back in which still contains its data how would unraid see that in terms of what it would do (Version 6.8.3).

Thanks

On 11/29/2020 at 5:35 PM, Frank1940 said:

I would suggest that you get the Diagnostics file  (    Tools   >>>   Diagnostics   )  and post it up in your next thread.  (Please do not reboot as the Gurus will need to see the files from when you had the problem.)

I wasnt suggesting anything was wrong with the drive, I really wanted to know if it would be ok to cancel the data rebuild and put the old drive back in that already holds the data. Would unraid accept it back into the array without trying to rebuild it.

31 minutes ago, TopTrainer said:

I wasnt suggesting anything was wrong with the drive, I really wanted to know if it would be ok to cancel the data rebuild and put the old drive back in that already holds the data. Would unraid accept it back into the array without trying to rebuild it.

Not unless you do New Config, and then it is going to want to rebuild parity unless you check the box telling it to not rebuild parity. If you went that route you should do a parity check anyway.

I have to wonder though why you let the rebuild go so long without at least asking us what to do.

If you post your diagnostics without rebooting we could probably get a much better idea what the problem actually is.

3 hours ago, trurl said:

Not unless you do New Config, and then it is going to want to rebuild parity unless you check the box telling it to not rebuild parity. If you went that route you should do a parity check anyway.

I have to wonder though why you let the rebuild go so long without at least asking us what to do.

If you post your diagnostics without rebooting we could probably get a much better idea what the problem actually is.

I attached the diagnostics file

tower-diagnostics-20201201-0102.zip