same hard disk filesystem can't recognize when use USB to SATA directly directly

yjcn

I use a WD elements 10T  hard drive, I format the disk by use USB, and it works well.

When  i take the hard drive  out directly, and use SATA , the unraid can't recognize the filesystem  and remind me to format the hard drive.

And I try push the hard drive back, and use USB, it works well.

Do I need reformat hard disk  when use SATA directly?

How are you connecting the drive to USB ?

Are you using a standard SATA to USB dock or the WD board that came with the disk enclosure ?

Edit: also and more importantly : did you look into the 3.3V issue ?  WD tends to disable some drives if connected to 3.3V.  You can find plenty of details and workarounds on this on the internet.

Edited by ChatNoir
3.3V
1 hour ago, ChatNoir said:

How are you connecting the drive to USB ?

Are you using a standard SATA to USB dock or the WD board that came with the disk enclosure ?

Edit: also and more importantly : did you look into the 3.3V issue ?  WD tends to disable some drives if connected to 3.3V.  You can find plenty of details and workarounds on this on the internet.

@ChatNoir   Thanks for your reply. I use the WD board that came with the disk enclosure. I also notice the 3.3V issue ,and  I use the cellulose tape to sheild the three 3.3 contact points, but unraid shows unformating disk too. If the reason is 3.3v issue, i guess i can't see the disk in unraid?