Stuck on 'Array Stopping •Sync filesystems...'

On disk2 of my array i have two directorys. If i try to list them with 'ls', the shell get stuck.

But, if i create a new directory on disk2, i can list it like normal.

So, i wanted to stop the array and reboot. [windowsuser, new to linux, try unraid since a week]

But now the Array won't stop also, it hangs on  'Array Stopping •Sync filesystems...'.

i did some research and found processes in state D, which means "uninterruptible sleep (usually IO)" which, i think they depend to the problem.

USER         PID       %CPU %MEM VSZ       RSS     TTY STAT START     TIME   COMMAND

dertoos+    10183   0.0      0.2     56016    18104  ?      D      Dec02    0:09   /usr/sbin/smbd -D

root           28644  0.0      0.0     3088     1768   ?      D      07:51      0:00   /bin/ls -F -b -T 0 --color=auto

root           7634    0.0      0.0     3088     1812   ?      D       08:42     0:00   /bin/ls -F -b -T 0 --color=auto

(the last two processes seem to be the directory listings, that stucks the shell)

Google says, i maybe have named "symlinks" which have circular dependencies.

What can i do ? My unraid ist stuck in state "stopping" and i can't access the files in two directorys on disk 2.

image.thumb.png.9cbebac899e4f9dcffcfd54df8c62ba8.png

Edited by DerToosoon
more clear description, i hope
1 hour ago, DerToosoon said:

the last two processes seem to be the 'ls', i did before.

If you were in the shell and the current directory happens to be /mnt/user/... (or simply /mnt/user), then the system won't be able to stop the array properly.  There's a plugin called StopShell which will forcibly kill any processes like that which will impede a shutdown

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, kysdaddy said:

I have been having the same issue for a while, the array takes forever to shutdown.  I also am having really slow data transfer speeds, moving 400mb files from my download share to my media share @ 5.47mbps.

I am attaching a diagnostic that I ran the other day right after doing a hard reboot.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Chas

tower-diagnostics-20201226-0930.zip 150.67 kB · 2 downloads

Did you solve youre problem? have the same issue myself now

• 1 month later...