unable to ugrade unRAID from 6.3.3

I am ruining unRAID 6.3.3 and have been for several years.  I recently had a problem and although I have fixed it, it was suggested I upgrade to the latest.

I tried the process of going to plugins, and update from their.  I get the error message https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg....failed (invalid url/server"

I then tried the same but manually  typing in "https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plkg".  I received the same error.

How to I update my unRAID server or should I start from scratch.  The only plugin I have is the preclear plugin and I have no VMs or apps installed.

If I start from scratch, how do I do it?  Should I use a new USB stick and download and install the OS, then setup my complete system with all the shares, then transfer the license?

I probably could really use a step by step instructions.

Thanks In Advance

Gary McKee

Since you are coming from such an old version, study these notes to see if there is anything you need to take care of before upgrading:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-650-stable-release-update-notes/

Make a backup of your flash drive, then just get the zip from the DOWNLOAD link at the upper right of any forum page, and copy all bz* files to the root of your flash drive, overwriting any already there.

The update worked, but I have a problem that I don't know if is related to the upgrade.

I have an 8 TB hard disk that was showing up under the old OS and it only had about 50 Gig of space left.  After I did the update, I received the message that that disk had no file system. 

The smart data says it never failed.  The different parameters that smart monsters said they were either pre-fail or old age.  Smart also said it passed.  I did not run the smart tests after I did the update so the data may be from before the update or after the update.  I don't know

I have another 8 TB drive that I can put in its place.  Should I do this and should the system rebuild the data?  The data is not terribly important, just that it would take a long time to re download.  Or should  I just remove the existing disk without a file system and treat it as a new disk?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rebuilding a corrupt filesystem usually just results in the same corrupt filesystem. Often the filesystem can be repaired.

If possible before rebooting and preferably with the array started
Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.

I ran the diagnostics but I can't find the resulting zip file.  At present, I am controlling the unRAID server from a remote machine.  When I go the display on the unRAID machine, the display is huge and overfills the physical display.  I haven’t found a way to reduce the size.  When I open a console terminal, that window is so large, I can't move it around to get to any of the controls

Where can I find the diagnostics zip file from the remote machine.

Thank.

I have ublock origin but that shouldn’t block outgoing messages.  I have the zip file on my desktop machine and that is where I'm attaching it to this message which is also on my desktop.  When I say drag files, they drag to the box at the bottom of this page, and it says upload failed and I get a message block that has an explanation mark inside a triangle and a  -200.  I can not type in this message area until I click OK .  The same thing happens if I do a choose files choosing the zip file which I have in the Downloads file of my desktop machine.

On version 6.3.3 the zip file was written to the /boot partition of the unRAID usb stick.  I assume that it isn't written there any more.  If it is, then I could shut the unRAID machine down and remove the stick and copy it.  If it is only written to the /boot directory if I tell it to save it there, I can't do that.  When I tired that, it looks like it opened a blank terminal that I could not do anything with.  It was just a white screen with nothing on it and I could not type on it or possible move it.  I tried to move it to see if something was off screen but no luck.  Also when I tried it and tried to save it to the /boot directory, i never had a option of where to save it. I had the unRAID logo with waving bars waving from about midnight when I went to bed to about 9 am this morning when I killed it.  Still nothing.

No firewall set-up blocking outgoing uploads. 

I want to thank everybody for the help, but I must terminate this effort.  What was on this disk was not that important and I can recreate it.  It seems like we went down the rabbit hole and I am wasting to much time that I need to spend on other projects.

Thanks Again.  I wish we could have figured this out, but for me, it would only be an educational experience.

Thanks Agaiin