[Plug-In] Community Applications

Community Applications (aka CA)

CA.png.acc281f82350b6b5133378b07303d884.png

This thread is rather long, and it is NOT necessary to read it in order to utilize Community Applications (CA)  Just install the plugin, go to the apps tab and enjoy the freedom.  If you find an issue with CA, then don't bother searching for answers in this thread as all issues (when they have surfaced) are fixed generally the same day that they are found... (But at least read the preceding post or two on the last page of the thread)

On 2/3/2016 at 1:59 PM, kizer said:
Its like going to the Google/Apple Store and finding what I need. click, install done.

It takes the docker experience to the next level and no user should be without it.

On 2/9/2019 at 7:03 AM, blutak said:

Long time user of unraid but just registered today to say thanks for this incredible plugin!!

Delete this plugin and I'll fly to Canada and beat your ass!!!  ;-)

Simple interface and easy to use, you will be able to find and install any of the unRaid docker or plugin applications, and also optionally gain access to the entire library of applications available on dockerHub (~1.8 million)

INSTALLATION

Under 6.10.x+ to install CA, just go to the already existing Apps Tab in the Unraid UI and you'll be prompted to automatically install it.

For older versions of Unraid, paste the following URL into the Plugins / Install Plugin section:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg

After installation, a new tab called "Apps" will appear on your unRaid webGUI.  To see what the various icons do, simply press Help or the (?) on unRaid's Tab Bar.

Note All screenshots in this post are subject to change as Community Applications continues to evolve

Easily search or browse applications

image.thumb.png.727f030693582aa65649ffcd9a56ff49.png

Get full details on the application

image.thumb.png.0d3594a1d101476e221c110525e0631f.png

Easily reinstall previously installed applications

image.thumb.png.06a5202e60beed27ac6f1d0b39e71818.png

Find out about your favourite authors

image.thumb.png.a58aab12cc98a74e7370c423a4091f13.png

And much, much more

Multi-Language Installations

When running on a supported version of Unraid that supports Multi-Language (6.9.0+), CA is the recommended way to install any of the Language Packs available.  See this post for more detail

image.thumb.png.75af85d310b1fd9f5fa6ce49f4820adb.png

Note that CA is always (and always will be) compatible with the latest Stable version of unRaid, and the Latest/Next  version of unRaid.  Intermediate versions of various Release Candidates may or may not be compatible (though they usually are - But, if you have made the decision to run unRaid Next, then you should also ensure that all plugins and unRaid itself (not just CA) are always up to date).  Additionally, every attempt is made to keep CA compatible with older versions of unRaid.  As of this writing, CA is compatible with all versions of unRaid from 6.12.0 onward.

Require a proxy?

See this post for CA to operate through a proxy  

Cookie Note:

CA utilizes cookies in its regular operation.  Some features of CA may not be available if cookies are not enabled in your browser.  No personally identifiable information is ever collected, no cookies related to any software or media stored on your server are ever collected, and none of the cookies are ever transmitted anywhere.

Cookies related to the "Look & Feel" of Community Applications will expire after a year.  Any other cookies related to the operation of CA are automatically deleted after they are used.

Multi-language Note:

When running on a version of unRaid that supports multi-language, CA will operate in the language of your choice.  However, translations of the descriptions of the applications themselves are outside the scope of the translations, and will always appear in whatever the author themselves has dictated (ie: English)

Additionally, CA supports translations on the spotlighted apps "Reason".  Translations can be submitted against https://github.com/Squidly271/Community-Applications-Moderators/blob/master/Recommended.json if you wish to contribute

Contribute towards development (or simply buy me a beer)

Credits

Development
Andrew Zawadzki

Additional Contributions
bonienl, eschultz

GUI Layout Design

Mex

Application Feed

Andrew Zawadzki, Kode, Limetech

Additional Testing

CHBMB, SpaceInvaderOne, Sparklyballs, wgstarks, DJoss, Zer0Nin3r, Mex, prostuff1, bonienl, ljm42, kizer, trurl, Jos, Limetech, SimonF, ich777, jimmy898, Alex.b, neruve, Eugeni_CAT, ChaseCares, TheEyeTGuy

Moderation
dockerPolice, pluginCop

Additional Libraries
Awesomeplete (Lea Verou), Chart.js (Various), XML2Array, Array2XML (Miles Johnson), chartjs-plugin-trendline (Marcus Alsterfjord), Magnific-Popup (Dmitry Semenov)

Copyright © 2015-2023 Andrew Zawadzki

For the details regarding the various policies that Community Applications has regarding applications, see here

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 11

Either the author has stated that their containers will be categorized shortly, or I have submitted github pull requests with categories for all of the remaining containers.

Hopefully shouldn't be long now until we are close to 100% categorization

EDIT: Now up to 76%  I believe that the remaining authors are currently on vacation and/or in the middle of a move.

Updated to 2015.06.02

Added in support for <Changes> (see here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40111.msg379576#msg379576) If the authors implement this tag on new containers going forward, then an information_zpsbr86x98u.png will appear next to the application's name.  Clicking on it will bring up a changelog / more information / etc.

Also changed the way that the "Last update" at the bottom of the lists operates.  Now if you haven't updated the containers in at least 2 weeks, the text will turn red with a reminder to update.

Any chance there can be a setting to not display any containers at all on first load up?

I'm seeing absolutely horrible performance when I first load the page on Win 8.1 and latest version of Firefox, it's like it's busy choking to death on javascript, the browser is so nonresponsive. I cant even switch to a new or existing tab.

Im running this on an i3 530 cpu with 4gb ram so neither one should be a real bottleneck.

Yeah, that was something that I was thinking about doing anyways...  (My tablet grinds to a halt trying to sort it all out).  I'll look into it.  While its completely your choice, in my testing I've found that IE is by far the worst, Chrome is excellent, and Safari is actually the best on my system

Any chance there can be a setting to not display any containers at all on first load up?

I'm seeing absolutely horrible performance when I first load the page on Win 8.1 and latest version of Firefox, it's like it's busy choking to death on javascript, the browser is so nonresponsive. I cant even switch to a new or existing tab.

Updated to 2015.06.03

On my system I'm seeing significantly faster response time not only in the initial load, but also during browsing from category to category.

- The initial displayed screen is now blank instead of all applications.

- Hitting the "All Categories" button from within a subcategory used to display the main categories AND switch the display to all applications.  Now, it leaves the results displayed from the subcategory but switches the buttons to the main categories.

Status updates:

Thanks to pinion we are now at 80% categorized.  gfjardim and pducharme I believe are both still unavailable.

And, there are also a few change logs added into the applications now.  Sparklyballs with pyNab (you can blame me for it) and Aptalca with Zoneminder.

Updated to 2015.06.03a

- Make local caching of application icons optional.

Since one of the earliest updates to Community Repositories (2015.04.14) some users have had intermittent issues with the icons for the applications not displaying correctly (not displaying at all / only half the icon appearing).  After a few "force updates", the icon would eventually get downloaded correctly.  This was happening because of slow downloads on certain icons combined with the fact that they were being stored locally on the server.

This update offers an optional work around to that issue for users who are affected.  Instead of the server caching the icons, there is now the option for the server to not cache any icons, and rely on the web browser to do it instead.

The up shot is that you're pretty much guaranteed that the icons will always display correctly, and "update applications" works faster.  The downside is that rendering of the table is very slightly slower (1/10sec ish), and slightly higher bandwidth because your browser will now check to see if the icon has changed every time its displayed (it shouldn't re-download it if there are no changes)

The default mode of operation for the plugin is to have the icons cached directly on the server.

If you are having issues with the icons displaying properly to switch the mode all you have to do is create a file called webicon in the config/plugins/community.applications folder on your flash drive, and then update the applications.  Nothing has to be in the file.  The file just has to exist.

This is just a temporary work around as other solutions are being investigated.

EDIT:  The option to enable / disable the server caching the icons is now selected within the settings module.

Hi Squid,

I just added a new WebUI link to one of my containers, AmazonEcho-HA-Bridge. The app didn't used to have one, but it now does. So I edited the template and added the WebUI address. But no matter what I do, the WebUI link is just not showing up. When I try to edit the container, it shows the WebUI address in the template, though. I tried stopping and starting docker, reinstalling the container, and everything else except for rebooting the server. Is this an issue with unraid gui interface or community repositories? Or did I do something wrong? I'm on rc4 by the way.

Here's the template: https://github.com/aptalca/docker-templates/blob/master/aptalca/amazon-echo-ha-bridge.xml

Thanks

**EDIT** Reboot didn't take care of it either, still no WebUI link

Capture10.PNG.e7646fda2fbc88746f5898eaeb38cc3c.PNG

Capture11.PNG.1dc1fa5dff7852db5ab04d6ede3e157b.PNG

Hi Squid,

I just added a new WebUI link to one of my containers, AmazonEcho-HA-Bridge. The app didn't used to have one, but it now does. So I edited the template and added the WebUI address. But no matter what I do, the WebUI link is just not showing up. When I try to edit the container, it shows the WebUI address in the template, though. I tried stopping and starting docker, reinstalling the container, and everything else except for rebooting the server. Is this an issue with unraid gui interface or community repositories? Or did I do something wrong? I'm on rc4 by the way.

Here's the template: https://github.com/aptalca/docker-templates/blob/master/aptalca/amazon-echo-ha-bridge.xml

Thanks

**EDIT** Reboot didn't take care of it either, still no WebUI link

All the Community Applications plugin does during an Add or Edit is pass the template over to dockerMan.  Since the updated webUI is showing up under advanced settings, this plug is doing its job correctly.

I remember however that I had a similar issue with I believe needo's Sonaar not too long ago.  I had to remove the container and image and reinstall it.  I figured that it had something to do with the name change of the container from NZBDrone to Sonaar.  (Don't remember 100% as I very rarely use the UI button -> I've saved bookmarks on all my containers)

Installing your app right now to see what happens here

Untitled_zpsfoaxufsq.png

Untitled_zps67dgxj0i.png

So it works here and the UI does come up... Any chance that the name of the template changed?  You may have to go through your flash drive (config/plugins/templates and templates-user) and delete all references to it and the old names).  That might be messing up dockerMan

Huh, that is strange.

The only things I changed in the template were the addition of the WebUI link and the change log. Didn't touch anything else. That is weird. I'll look further into it.

Thanks

What I would do is make a copy of the dockerMan folder on the flash drive.

Then start deleting the references to it one at a time.  Once you figure out which reference needed to be deleted to make the UI come up, post a defect report.  I never went through those steps with sonaar, (and it didn't worry me much at the time), and I never ran your app prior to the UI change, so I'm of little help to you here unfortunately.

Deleted all traces, rebooted and reinstalled. That did the trick.

I think the issue may have been that I had my template repo saved in template repositories as well (from a long time ago, just never had deleted it), and that might have caused an issue. Not entirely sure, but it works now.

Thanks

Deleted all traces, rebooted and reinstalled. That did the trick.

I think the issue may have been that I had my template repo saved in template repositories as well (from a long time ago, just never had deleted it), and that might have caused an issue. Not entirely sure, but it works now.

Thanks

Doubt it was the repo saved

And that's one that I continually had problems with...  From fresh it would usually show the top half of the elephant. 

Eventually it will show up, but its problems like this that prompted me to introduce the webicon setting detailed a couple of posts above.  (You will actually see how slow that particular one loads)

I am investigating other avenues for a solution, but for now the best solution is the webicon setting to let the browser handle everything itself (a hair more bandwidth, but the icons will always load correctly)

Updated to 2015.06.06

Most of the new upcoming features for this plugin are going to have user-configurable settings.

There is now a new section in the Settings section of the webGUI (Community Application Settings) that will allow you to configure those up-coming settings as they are added.

Currently, there is only one option in there - disable local caching of images for those with icon display problems.

After reboot you lose the edit and web ui options for a container along with its Image and version info.  Is this something that happens for everyone or is it just me?

That would be within the docker containers tab, which really isn't a part of this plugin, but I would think that your containers are not running after a reboot (not set to autostart).

Is there a way dockers that have multiple versions....for example SAB, mumble server etc,who have exactly the same description....can have some sort of definition as to the differences? I presume different authors use different base images, and/or different features applied, but as an end user it's unclear which one to choose.

Is there a way dockers that have multiple versions....for example SAB, mumble server etc,who have exactly the same description....can have some sort of definition as to the differences? I presume different authors use different base images, and/or different features applied, but as an end user it's unclear which one to choose.

I have the exact same complaint.  There should be some text or something in the overview section of the template to let users know the differences.  Or alternatively authors could use the change log / more information section for the same purposes

I have the exact same complaint.....  There should be some text or something in the overview section of the template to let users know the differences.  Or alternatively authors could use the change log / more information section for the same purposes

Not a complaint, constructive feedback!  ;D