• Unraid OS Version 7.0.0-beta.1 available

ljm42

This version of Unraid OS includes significant improvements across all subsystems, while attempting to maintain backward compatibility as much as possible. For this reason, we determined it appropriate to bump the version up to 7.0. Be assured, this is still a free upgrade. Please see the release notes for all the details.

This is BETA software. Please use on test servers only.

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. Read the release notes.
    2. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
    3. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
    4. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
      umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully.

5. If you have a recent release or Unraid Connect installed:
      • Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update, then press More options and switch to the Next branch. You may be prompted to sign in to access the Next branch. Select the appropriate version and choose "View changelog to Start Update". More details in this blog post
    6. If you don't have the Check for Update option in the upper right corner:
      • Either install the Unraid Connect plugin or upgrade to 6.12.10 first. Then check for updates as described above.
    7. Wait for the update to download and install
    8. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
    9. Reboot

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 16

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Everything seems to be working except my linux server swag which now 403s on reboot and reload. Wonder if docker socket or something isn't compatible?
    Edit: It just scrambled all of the IP reservations and generated new MAC addresses it seems. as such had to re-do all of my reservations and static mounts. Docker Socket is working fine.

Edited by Athirne

Edit: Using the version of mbuffer that comes with v7 seems to work.

I've run into an issue with mbuffer(which is being used by sanoid for ZFS replication):

root@NAS:# which mbuffer

/usr/bin/mbuffer

root@NAS:# mbuffer -h

mbuffer: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Edited by foo_fighter

the Intel i915 SR-IOV plugin doesn't seem to work. will that mean that i don't have the hardware transcoding anymore.

i have the Intel Corporation TigerLake-H GT1 [UHD Graphics] (rev 01)

getting this error when installing intel i915 SR-IOV

+============================================================================== | Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/i915-sriov/unraid-i915-sriov-2023.11.22.txz +============================================================================== Verifying package unraid-i915-sriov-2023.11.22.txz. Installing package unraid-i915-sriov-2023.11.22.txz: PACKAGE DESCRIPTION: Package unraid-i915-sriov-2023.11.22.txz installed. ------------------Downloading SR-IOV package, please wait...!----------------- ----------This could take some time, please don't close this window!---------- -----ERROR - ERROR - ERROR - ERROR - ERROR - ERROR - ERROR - ERROR - ERROR----- -----------------------Can't download SR-IOV package--------------------------- Removing package: unraid-i915-sriov-2023.11.22 Removing files: --> Deleting /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/intel-i915-sriov/images/intel-i915-sriov.png --> Deleting /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/intel-i915-sriov/include/tools.sh --> Deleting /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/intel-i915-sriov/intel-i915-sriov.page --> Deleting empty directory /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/intel-i915-sriov/include/ --> Deleting empty directory /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/intel-i915-sriov/images/ WARNING: Unique directory /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/intel-i915-sriov/ contains new files plugin: run failed: '/bin/bash' returned 1 Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

26 minutes ago, bubbadk said:

getting this error when installing intel i915 SR-IOV

Please report that in the plugin support thread instead, LT can't fix third party apps/plugins.

I'm running a Win 11 VM and now getting the following error:

internal error: unable to execute QEMU command 'query-rx-filter': net client(net0) doesn't support rx-filter querying

Seeing another post I did remove the virtio path, but that didn't do anything.

14 hours ago, gabriel20xx said:

I have another issue after updating. Somehow the ssl module of my python / pip is no longer working :(

needs to support libsslv3 for 7 I believe

2 hours ago, The_Holocron said:

I'm running a Win 11 VM and now getting the following error:

internal error: unable to execute QEMU command 'query-rx-filter': net client(net0) doesn't support rx-filter querying

Seeing another post I did remove the virtio path, but that didn't do anything.

Where are you seeing the error? Can you raise as new thread with diagnostics

• Upvote 1
    10 hours ago, Athirne said:

Everything seems to be working except my linux server swag which now 403s on reboot and reload. Wonder if docker socket or something isn't compatible?

I have SWAG + DockerProxy and all good on this end...

Upgrading to 7.0.0 beta was easy.

But I think I've done something very very bad...

My zfs-pool (raidz1) is encrypted. I added two special devices (mirror) and now my pool will not start. There is an error "Wrong Pool State" rust-2-pool-special invalid expansion.

What is to do? As the pool did not start with this new special devices there should be no metadata written to it. Is it that I can just remove the special devices from the pool?

holy...
    if I do just an zpool status or zpool list or zpool import there is always one result: 'no pools available'

Is it that I do have destroyed the pools I do have/had?

Edited by DerTom
    18 minutes ago, DerTom said:

Upgrading to 7.0.0 beta was easy.

My zfs-pool (raidz1) is encrypted. I added two special devices (mirror) and now my pool will not start. There is an error "Wrong Pool State" rust-2-pool-special invalid expansion.

What is to do? As the pool did not start with this new special devices there should be no metadata written to it. Is it that I can just remove the special devices from the pool?

holy...
    if I do just an zpool status or zpool list or zpool import there is always one result: 'no pools available'

Is it that I do have destroyed the pools I do have/had?

I used to use encrypted until somehow my LUKS header was corrupted and like a chump I didn't have a LUKS backup, lost everything. Can't help here but if you have a header backup you should be able to decrypt. Also I would not recommend updating to a beta 1 if I had my entire pool encrypted...for anyone else considering it.

Can you try removing the special devices so it matches the previous layout and restart?

Edited by Jclendineng
    22 minutes ago, DerTom said:

Please start a new thread in the general support forum and add your diagnostics and the output of 

zpool import

1 hour ago, Jclendineng said:

I have SWAG + DockerProxy and all good on this end...

Yah I updated my post. It just forgot all of the reservations and regenerated new MACs so the IP reservations and static mappings were in conflict when the server booted post update. Just had to re-do the mappings and update the DHCP reservations to fix the static swag container and SQL databases since docker services attached to the wrong IPs.

• Like 1
    1 hour ago, Jclendineng said:

I used to use encrypted until somehow my LUKS header was corrupted and like a chump I didn't have a LUKS backup, lost everything. Can't help here but if you have a header backup you should be able to decrypt. Also I would not recommend updating to a beta 1 if I had my entire pool encrypted...for anyone else considering it.

Can you try removing the special devices so it matches the previous layout and restart?

I used my 6.12-10 backup and do have my pools back... pure luck...

• Like 1
    1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Please start a new thread in the general support forum and add your diagnostics and the output of 

zpool import

Just to let you know that after adding special devices zpool could not find any pools. Output was 'no pools available'. No zpool status/list/import showed any pool.

10 minutes ago, DerTom said:

Just to let you know that after adding special devices zpool could not find any pools. Output was 'no pools available'. No zpool status/list/import showed any pool.

Not much else I can say without seeing the diagnostics, but if you decide to post them, please do it in a new thread, not here.

1 hour ago, DerTom said:

And BTW, this is just because the pool is encrypted, if you do a zpool import without first decrypting the devices nothing will be found.

15 minutes ago, sir_storealot said:

So from reading the release notes, there is still no mobile optimized dashboard view in 2024... SERIOUSLY?!

I have a feeling that there is unlikely to be any easy way to create a use friendly dashboard for a mobile due to its limited screen resolution and the fact it is browser based.

There are apps that run natively on iOS and Android (such as Control/R) and that is quite probably the only way to realistically achieve this as they can design their own UI.

13 hours ago, JorgeB said:

And BTW, this is just because the pool is encrypted, if you do a zpool import without first decrypting the devices nothing will be found.

Hi JorgeB!

My encrypted pools are decrypted during boot - I do have this setup within the go-file.

What I remember was the 'old' pool-drives where shown active and decrypted (green) with zfs-encrypted as FS and the new sub-pool with the two special devices where shown 'grey' with zfs as FS. Changing the FS for the special devices to zfs-encrypted was not possible as there was no option for doing this - just zfs.

Starting the array resulted in the following error: "Wrong Pool State" rust-2-pool-special invalid expansion".

Kind regards,

27 minutes ago, DerTom said:

My encrypted pools are decrypted during boot - I do have this setup within the go-file.

That's not the stock way, encrypted devices are decrypted at array start, and if zpool import didn't show anything, that is probably not working as you espect, but like mentioned, if you want to continue this, please start a new thread and post the diagnostics

Hello everyone,

I currently have the following error in the latest beta that I cannot download the "Default Windows VirtIO driver ISO" in the VM Manager due to lack of disk space.
    But as you can see in the screenshot, this is my test unraid on which nothing is currently on it except a Windows Server ISO.

I have also attached the diagnostics file.

Error:

image.png.09c0585cb8de6c31d9f35bffcaf92be0.png

Array:

image.thumb.png.8b5aeb57d2728967277a65350fced065.png

unraid2-diagnostics-20240629-1011.zip