• Unraid OS Version 7.0.0-beta.2 available

ljm42

Thanks for your feedback! Unraid 7.0.0-beta.2 is now available, details in the release notes. Everyone running -beta.1 is encouraged to upgrade

This is BETA software. Please use on test servers only.

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. Read the release notes.
    2. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
    3. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
    4. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
      umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully.

5. If you have a recent release or Unraid Connect installed:
      • Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update, then press More options and switch to the Next branch. You may be prompted to sign in to access the Next branch. Select the appropriate version and choose "View changelog to Start Update". More details in this blog post
    6. If you don't have the Check for Update option in the upper right corner:
      • Either install the Unraid Connect plugin or upgrade to 6.12.10 first. Then check for updates as described above.
    7. Wait for the update to download and install
    8. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
    9. Reboot

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 5

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

"I have another issue after updating. Somehow the ssl module of my python / pip is no longer working 

needs to support libsslv3 for 7 I believe"

I just upgraded my system and everything is working great but im having some issue with my python/pip.  Someone else posted the same issue (quotes above). Just wondering how i can go about fixing this on my end with the new beta? 

Edit: I was able to find another post that showed a workaround, I was able to fix this issues by installing openssl11-1.1.1 

Edited by Confuzed

Did I miss an announcement about changes to how the ssh folder is copied off the flash drive? I'm testing beta2 and my pubkey auth attempts were failing. Looking at sshd_config it does not match the config I have stored in \flash\config\ssh

Once I updated it to match what my pubkey file is called it works again.

EDIT: Oh I see we can set them in the user's profile now. Is this the new proper way to setup pubkey auth?

Edited by weirdcrap

Stupid question, I saw some screenshots somewhere that unraid 7 now displays dockers RAM usage on the Dashboard with it's own color-code similar to how ZFS and VMs are represented. (Im not talking about the docker.img vdisk usage I know that's different.)

Is there a setting I'm missing that i need to toggle?

image.png.b8ea418380e1456ea8d1101d15a2d01e.png

1 hour ago, MowMdown said:

Is there a setting I'm missing that i need to toggle?

I believe that still wasn't implemented in -beta2, only internal betas, but it will be available in the next release.

• Upvote 2

Anyone having issues with wireguard file transfer speed with beta 7 ? 

i have issues sending large files to my friend ... both on current 7beta2 - i downgraded mine to 6.13 and speed is back to normal.

6.13 i could saturate my upstream with 50-55mbit, with 7.0.0 beta 2 it started copying with 50-55 as well but after 30-60 seconds it dropped to 10-12mbit and never raised again. validated multiple times with multiple reboots ... and one idea to find an issue was to upload to a windows wireguard server from my unraid and problem was still there. then i uploaded to same windows client with my windows client and there was no speed drop. so ... i downgraded and problem gone. the receiver unraid is still on 7.0.0 beta2

any changes in wireguard / VPN implemented  ?

Edited by Grobalt

I set up a fresh raid with 7.0.0beta2 and didn't start docker until I had a pool set up. I made sure the shares were all pointing to the pool as primary with no secondary at all, so no array. I turned on docker and installed some apps -- and now the domain share has files both on the pool and in the array. I have no idea why this would be.

check the new mover settings .. as i downgraded i cannot make a screenshot - but there is a setting available to keep a copy / small files on cache and array

32 minutes ago, willowlucassmith said:

turned on docker and installed some apps -- and now the domain share has files both on the pool and in the array

Docker doesn't use the domain share. That is for VM vdisks. 

Hi,

i have two unraid server running, and experience some weird behaviour when I start using network between te two:

info:

system 1

intel i5 12600k

64GB ddr4 3600mhz ram

2.5gbe rtl8125 network

1 btrfs appdata pool for dockers, temp, etc

1 zfs pool for storage 9 hdd’s + 1 nvme cache disk raidz1

GTX 1660Ti

system 2

amd 5800x

32GB ddr4 3200mhz ram

2.5gbe rtl8125 network

1 btefs appdata pool for dockers temp etc.

1 zfs poll for storage 4 hdd’s + 1 nvme cahce disk raidz1

gtx 1070

network:

unifi switch aggregation (at 2.5gbe speed)

the switch is not the problem as it’s always online and my pc (also connected via 2.5gbe always has working internet when things happen)

past:

on unraid 6.12.10 i had no issues what so ever

problem:

system 1 is running tdarr/unmanic to transcode video files to h265

system 2 used to help system one via tdarr node or unmanic link, both worked fine before unraid 7,

now when i start system 2 for transcoding system 1 locks up and I see realy high pings of 1000+ms and destination unreachable errors, 

the system is still responsive via direct monitor and keyboard mouse so I can safely reboot everything but al the dockers on system 1 are unreachable as is web gui,

is this a know issue? Did i miss something?

I have a problem, a bit strange. My server on 7.0.2 stops responding every Monday.

Maybe someone has a similar experience?

After upgrading to unraid 7. My dashboard takes a few minutes to load and just today my MAIN tab was completely blank. Everything was still working but was unable to see my drives. After a reboot everything was working again but the dashboard still takes a few minutes to load. 

35 minutes ago, Confuzed said:

After a reboot everything was working again but the dashboard still takes a few minutes to load.

Have you tried a different browser and/or clearing cache, DNS, etc. on the computer you're accessing the server from?

I've got 7b2 running on 4 completely different servers and none have ever exhibited anything like this or other WebUI oddities that weren't caused by cached content in my browser.

11 hours ago, Espressomatic said:

Have you tried a different browser and/or clearing cache, DNS, etc. on the computer you're accessing the server from?

I've got 7b2 running on 4 completely different servers and none have ever exhibited anything like this or other WebUI oddities that weren't caused by cached content in my browser.

I have tried doing it on 2 different computers and my mobile device using chrome/firefox and clearing cache. It was still having issues. I just did a reboot of my router and it does load a lot faster now but still takes a few compared to it being instant like before. I'm guessing it might be an issue on my end. 

Edited by Confuzed
    On 9/9/2024 at 12:01 AM, DeadDevil6210 said:

Hi,

i have two unraid server running, and experience some weird behaviour when I start using network between te two:

info:

system 1

intel i5 12600k

64GB ddr4 3600mhz ram

2.5gbe rtl8125 network

1 btrfs appdata pool for dockers, temp, etc

1 zfs pool for storage 9 hdd’s + 1 nvme cache disk raidz1

GTX 1660Ti

system 2

amd 5800x

32GB ddr4 3200mhz ram

2.5gbe rtl8125 network

1 btefs appdata pool for dockers temp etc.

1 zfs poll for storage 4 hdd’s + 1 nvme cahce disk raidz1

gtx 1070

network:

unifi switch aggregation (at 2.5gbe speed)

the switch is not the problem as it’s always online and my pc (also connected via 2.5gbe always has working internet when things happen)

past:

on unraid 6.12.10 i had no issues what so ever

problem:

system 1 is running tdarr/unmanic to transcode video files to h265

system 2 used to help system one via tdarr node or unmanic link, both worked fine before unraid 7,

now when i start system 2 for transcoding system 1 locks up and I see realy high pings of 1000+ms and destination unreachable errors, 

the system is still responsive via direct monitor and keyboard mouse so I can safely reboot everything but al the dockers on system 1 are unreachable as is web gui,

is this a know issue? Did i miss something?

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update on my situation, I have narrowed down alot of the random crashes, on system 1, but now every few hours (from 2 to 6 or even 12 hours) the system still locks up on webui en dockers, still perfectly fine on direct attached monitor, and still able to do gracefull shutdowns, so no problems with data getting corrupted,

Actions I took:
    1. removed btrfs docker image en created xfs docker folder (thanks to sabnzbd and recent issues with btrfs)
    2. Enabling bonding on my network interface seems to help with stability when disabled server crashes in like 20 minutes after initial boot
    3. I have limited sabnzbd to only 8 connections per server and enabled pause when repair/extracting

System 2 is still perfectly fine and I have set it up in exactly the same way as server one only differences being the dockers and system 2 runs my home assistant vm.

I have attached diagnostics and hope that someone can take a look with me.

pr8-srv-mm-diagnostics-20240913-0911.zip

However, I cheated and wrote that I had a problem every Monday. Today the server is down again. When I tried to turn off the server, I only received the following messages:

image.thumb.png.4ed18e87146b7766b4f897c2eeb8f306.png

image.thumb.png.22ddc5411c9c5ffcdfed332b9c55e884.png

Can anyone tell what might be happening?

Edited by Kulis
    12 hours ago, Kulis said:

Can anyone tell what might be happening?

Try recreating the flash drive, backup the current one first, confirm it boots with a new stock install, and if yes, restore only the /config folder from the backup.

Should I change the USB to another one? Can I leave the same one?

When writing backup, do you mean that it copies files from the boot/config location?

image.thumb.png.0ec877ad41f2676ede0cb2d6d10d4031.png

And then upload this data to a new installation (CTRL+C then CTRL+V)?

Edited by Kulis
    4 hours ago, Kulis said:

Should I change the USB to another one?

First try with the same one.

4 hours ago, Kulis said:

When writing backup, do you mean that it copies files from the boot/config location?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Kulis said:

Should I not restore zfs etc.

I don't understand what you mean by this, you restore the complete /config folder.