• Unraid OS Version 7.0.0-beta.3 available

SpencerJ
    • Minor

Thanks for your feedback! Unraid 7.0.0-beta.3 is now available on the Next branch. Everyone running -beta.2 is encouraged to upgrade

This is BETA software. Please use on test servers only.

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. Read the release notes via the Update OS-> Next -> Unraid 7.0.0-beta.3 Changelog.

Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 12.29.56 PM.png

2. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".

3. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.

4. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:

umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully.

5. If you have a recent release or Unraid Connect installed:

Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update, then press More options and switch to the Next branch. You may be prompted to sign in to access the Next branch. Select the appropriate version and choose "View changelog to Start Update". More details in this blog post

6. If you don't have the Check for Update option in the upper right corner:

Either install the Unraid Connect plugin or upgrade to 6.12.10 first. Then check for updates as described above.

7. Wait for the update to download and install

8. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 

9. Reboot

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 9
    • Upvote 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have two UNRAID V6.12.13 servers ie 1 x prod and 1 x backup. I decided to move the backup server to V7.0-B3. Update went fine and machine rebooted ok. The array is made up of xfs disks and 1 parity drive and it did not start. If I try to start the array manually ie main --> array operation - I get a dialogue box with:

"Wrong Pool State

cache - too many wrong or missing devices"

The log shows the following "emhttpd: cache: ERROR:too many wrong or missing devices". Note on this machine I do not have a cache device let alone a cache pool ie the shares write directly to the array.

I rebooted and no change ie same problem where the array does not start. Same errors as above.

The Fix:

Went to main --> pool devices and noticed that there was "1" device in the pool but no device assigned. I set the devices pull down menu to "0" devices and after it corrected itself I could proceed to start the array without issue in main --> array operation. A reboot also confirmed that the array started automatically. All good.

In general log seams a bit more verbose but nothing in it worth writing home about (pretty much same warnings as previous version). No other issues encountered so far.

Edited by jim80z
    2 hours ago, arsaurea said:

I can't enable Docker because it complains that these directories do not exist:

Looks like a bug, it starts fine with a vdisk, and it will create the folders, but not a docker directory.

4 hours ago, arsaurea said:

I've got the same problem

@arsaureatry adding a slash to the end, i.e., /mnt/user/system/docker/

That should allow you to start the service and create the shares

• Like 1
    1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

@arsaureatry adding a slash to the end, i.e., /mnt/user/system/docker/

That should allow you to start the service and create the shares

Thank you, that worked!

• Like 1
    25 minutes ago, arsaurea said:

Thank you, that worked!

Great, it's still a bug, but should be fixed for next release.

This is

There is a conflict with recent releases of Docker, ZFS, and the Linux Kernel. On Settings > Docker, we recommend that you use a Docker image rather than a Docker directory. If you choose to use a directory, avoid placing it on a ZFS pool (XFS or BTRFS are fine).

...is planned to be fixed before release? I hope so.

9 minutes ago, NLS said:

...is planned to be fixed before release? I hope so.

It's already been fixed, release notes need to be corrected, you can now use a docker directory on zfs without issues after upgrading to beta.3, just make sure the storage driver is set to overlay2 (default for new installs).

3 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

It's already been fixed, release notes need to be corrected, you can now use a docker directory on zfs without issues after upgrading to beta.3, just make sure the storage drive is set to overlay2 (default for new installs).

Ah thanks! How do I check what the drive is set? Can be changed?

4 minutes ago, NLS said:

Ah thanks! How do I check what the drive is set? Can be changed?

Sorry, corrected typo above, it's the docker storage driver, you can choose between native and overlay2, with a docker directory on zfs, always use overlay2 (default)

image.png

Noticed tonight that some of my docker containers used UTC and some CEST (system set to CEST, Europe/Berlin).

System time in dashboard correct.
    I noticed it when some of my home automation fired off two hours late. This could have happened before, just me not noticing it.
    Last system reboot was about 9h ago.

IF I use the TZ variable in any template, I use CEST and always the same so it shouldn't matter.

Don't know if bug or just some temp problem for me. Will open bug report (if not already reported?) if it happens again but I just want to mention it. :)

Edited by Niklas

When I woke up this morning, the web GUI displayed all the boxes/panels in the Dashboard, but they were blank except for the one showing Docker containers. The Main tab also had empty boxes. Array Devices, Pool Devices, etc., were all empty. I restarted nginx, and everything came back. Maybe some plugin or something. Monitoring.

Edited by Niklas
    On 10/8/2024 at 4:11 PM, t3chn0m4g3 said:

After upgrading from 6.12.13 to 7.0.0 Beta 3 I am getting the following error (Wrong Pool State - invalid config):

image.png.680b6aeaab3e08cb4c59bb2265590222.png

The pool contains the docker and appdata folders.

Diagnostics is attached.

*** Update: Rolling back to 6.12.13 worked fine.

tower-diagnostics-20241008-1605.zip

Sounds like this bug (read the PS, it looks like your pool has 2 devices btrfs):

Edit: This happened to me for my pool that has 1 device (XFS).
    It did not happen for the pool with 2xSSD (ZFS),

Edited by Niklas
    • Thanks 1
    1 hour ago, t3chn0m4g3 said:

will give it a try on the weekend.

It is that issue, re-importing the pool should fix it.

• Like 1
    19 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Sorry, corrected typo above, it's the docker storage driver, you can choose between native and overlay2, with a docker directory on zfs, always use overlay2 (default)

image.png

Unfortunately, this option still has caveats. See my own report below, which is due to using Docker with ZFS folder and the overlay2 driver. Something causes this to happen. I'm back to the XFS image and it's a lot slower, but at least I'm consistently hitting the expected C-states again, much like I did on 6.12.13.

Additionally, it seems stopping Docker and starting it again is leaving leftover network routes:

Screenshot2024-10-08180041.thumb.png.6cf7f78735e46385cd0f050e2fb067ea.png

This is causing containers not to be able to go online.

Just now, andrebrait said:

Unfortunately, this option still has caveats. See my own report below, which is due to using Docker with ZFS folder and the overlay2 driver.

Lets see if there are other reports of the same.

Just now, andrebrait said:

Additionally, it seems stopping Docker and starting it again is leaving leftover network routes:

@ich777any idea about this?

1 hour ago, andrebrait said:

Do you already have a bug report for that?

AFAIK, stopping and starting docker won't clean up your network routes because they are saved by Docker.

Can you please create a dedicated bug report for that and mention me? Please also tell me what your expected behaviour is.

However it could take me a few days to respond.

11 hours ago, JorgeB said:

It is that issue, re-importing the pool should fix it.

@JorgeB just a quick question around BTRFS pools and this error/issue.On my production server I have a raid 1 pool for my cache of two BTRFS formatted ssd drives. My docker app data is also on this cache pool (behind a .apps directory). If I move from v6.12.13 to V7B3 will I be affected by this issue or other for that matter?  Thx

Edited by jim80z
    11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Do you already have a bug report for that?

AFAIK, stopping and starting docker won't clean up your network routes because they are saved by Docker.

Can you please create a dedicated bug report for that and mention me? Please also tell me what your expected behaviour is.

However it could take me a few days to respond.

Done so: https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/700-beta3-disabling-and-enabling-docker-leaves-behind-old-network-routes-containers-cant-connect-to-the-internet-r3283/

3 hours ago, jim80z said:

If I move from v6.12.13 to V7B3 will I be affected by this issue or other for that matter?  Thx

Most likely with a btrfs raid1 pool, would need to see the diags to confirm, but it's easy to resolve, you just need to re-import the pool as described here.

28 minutes ago, Mainfrezzer said:

I didnt expect that my hardware gets an upgrade 🤣Funny-1.PNG.fe36ec383f8d067f9a3b984ccf5fba3a.PNG

Nice. You can keep everything in the cpu cache and skip the drives. Should be quite fast but don't lose power or reboot. ;D

L1-Cache: 256 KiB, L2-Cache: 1 MiB, L3-Cache: 8 MiB :(

Edited by Niklas
    1 hour ago, SimonF said:

Can you post output of dmidecode -q -t 7

Ahh.PNG.14be5c799217eb805003728c6736b160.PNG

Was already looking where the wrong number is from. There it is :D

Because lscpu and cpu info did display the correct size

Edit:
    Seems to be a funny bug with the platform. It reads my Ryzen system just fine.

LSCPU for comparison.
    ASRock - J4125-ITX

Architecture:                         x86_64
    CPU op-mode(s):                       32-bit, 64-bit
    Address sizes:                        39 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    Byte Order:                           Little Endian
    CPU(s):                               4
    On-line CPU(s) list:                  0-3
    Vendor ID:                            GenuineIntel
    BIOS Vendor ID:                       Intel
    Model name:                           Intel(R) Celeron(R) J4125 CPU @ 2.00GHz
    BIOS Model name:                      Intel(R) Celeron(R) J4125 CPU @ 2.00GHz Fill By OEM CPU @ 2.0GHz
    BIOS CPU family:                      15
    CPU family:                           6
    Model:                                122
    Thread(s) per core:                   1
    Core(s) per socket:                   4
    Socket(s):                            1
    Stepping:                             8
    CPU(s) scaling MHz:                   94%
    CPU max MHz:                          2700.0000
    CPU min MHz:                          800.0000
    BogoMIPS:                             3993.60
    Flags:                                fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc art arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc cpuid aperfmperf tsc_known_freq pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 sdbg cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave rdrand lahf_lm 3dnowprefetch cpuid_fault cat_l2 cdp_l2 ssbd ibrs ibpb stibp ibrs_enhanced tpr_shadow flexpriority ept vpid ept_ad fsgsbase tsc_adjust smep erms mpx rdt_a rdseed smap clflushopt intel_pt sha_ni xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1 xsaves dtherm ida arat pln pts vnmi umip rdpid md_clear arch_capabilities
    Virtualization:                       VT-x
    L1d cache:                            96 KiB (4 instances)
    L1i cache:                            128 KiB (4 instances)
    L2 cache:                             4 MiB (1 instance)
    NUMA node(s):                         1
    NUMA node0 CPU(s):                    0-3

Edited by Mainfrezzer